𝟎𝟏𝟖

┌── ━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━ ──┐

✧*̥˚ CHAPTER EIGHTEEN *̥˚✧

"What could I say.
We are a messed up version of ourselves."

└── ━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━ ──┘

Reginald stood up then started clinking his glass. "I know it is customary... for the father of the bride to give a speech." Reginald began, interrupting what everyone was doing.

Everyone turn their attention towards the man that they didn't want to be here at the first place. After he was sure all eyes were on him, he continued, facing the newlyweds.

"Sloane, ever since you were a little girl, I've always known you were exceptionally bright. And though I can't say I know Luther all that well, from the few moments we have shared, it seems you found yourself an adequate partner."

"He just called Luther adequate." Five snickers before taking a sip of his drink.

Iris who were sitting beside Five, rolled her eyes. "I don't know he's capable of saying such word to his children." She commented.

"I acknowledge that, as a father, I was not without my faults. I hope these shortcomings will be seen as only a rough patch on an otherwise verdant lawn. I'm proud to call you my children. Even those whom I raised in a revenant version of myself. I hope that tonight we can create a few special memories in whatever precious little time we have left."

"I still didn't believe that old man. I knew he's up to something." Iris take a sip of her drink. She noticed some kind of argument between Viktor and Allison. She was ready to step in if they try to start a fight but luckily Allison walk away.

"And now, in closing... The sun rises over a lily's field. A mother veiled, her lips concealed. The mourners come in droves of black to bury what their hearts unpack. With shallow breath and time eclipsed, I pray you miss death's gentle kiss." He said before raising his glass.

"That makes no sense." Ben whined.

Klaus was already clapping. "Beautiful! Bravo, Dad! Bravo!"

"I didn't think the old man had it in him." Five said as he staring at the distance.

"Neither do I." Iris added.

"All right, all right. Time to turn those frowns upside down!" Chet called from the mixer. "This one is for all the party people in the place." Everyone walked back to the floor.