𝟎𝟏𝟎

┌──   ━  ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆  ━   ──┐

✧*̥˚ CHAPTER TEN *̥˚✧

"Yes... like my Ben."

└──   ━  ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆  ━   ──┘

"I'm sorry... My love... I'm sorry..."

Iris immediately open her eyes as she sat up. She sighed of relief realizing it was just a dream. It was a dream of the past. But weirdly enough, it's not hers. She run her fingers through her hair before sighing deeply. She could still feel the pain from the fall. Ben had carried her and place her on the couch when she was still unconscious.

"Having nightmare?" Ben asked. He sat on the table, facing her.

"No, having pain in the head. Making me more pain in the head because you're here." She said as she touched her head.

"Well, someone is in a bad mood."

"I'm not in a bad mood." She paused. "Maybe a bit... I'm just sarcastic and I love it."

"That's not sarcastic, that's mean." Ben replied as he rolled his eyes.

"I love that too." She smiled trying to mock him. "How long have I been out?" She asked.

"About two hours." Ben answered. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine... I think. At least I'm still alive." She said before her eyes widened in shocked. "Wait no... Jayme and Alphonso..." She turned to him.

"They are dead." He said. "Your siblings killed them."

"What? Wait. The old man is not one of us." She stopped for a moment. "I think... Is he?" She sighed before placing her forehead on her palm. "I don't know. I genuinely don't know what else stupid things they do. But I'm really, really sorry. I feel terrible."

"Why do you feel terrible? It's not like they are your siblings." Ben argued.

"But it's hers." Iris said as she look at the painting of the sparrow Iris. "Even though I never meet her. I know she will do anything to protect her family... No matter what..."

"Including sacrificing herself..." Ben said as he look at the mantelpiece. Iris turned to him. She saw sadness and regret in his eyes as he look at the painting of their Iris. The same sadness and regret that Iris feel about her Ben.