Chapter 14 - Deviation

Start from the beginning

"You know since we're like...pretty far away from home, I was thinking about setting up another steakhouse right here, which means you guys would be my first customers. Pretty cool, right? We're giving a discount for couples, too...you know- just in case!" Four looks at you and you stare back, both of you completely stumped on what was going on. "Gelatin..." Four growls, Gelatin peering over. The host glares daggers at the contestant, squinting. "Are you trying to stall for your team..?" He asks menacingly, and you sigh. "I don't mind having dinner and all, but maybe you should just let Four finish judging today's contest and we can get back to it after." You suggest softly. Honestly, the idea of being able to have a pleasant dinner with your friend sounded nice, but it wouldn't be all that great if he was just angry and impatient the entire time...

Gelatin's smile wavers a bit, looking over his shoulder to the other contestants and the co-host, where they urged him to keep going. "Uh...o-okay, sure- but first, I think Bubble and Ruby might want to say a few things first! Heh! Right guys?" The next step of the plan was going to have to be enacted early, the two contestants scrambling up to the table you and Four are seated in, turning to each other.

"So like...everyone keeps secrets from one another, don't they? And isn't it great that you can get all of those secrets off of your chest by just talking about them?" Ruby asks, Bubble nodding. "Yoi, that's roight! My secret for you, foir example is that I may have umm...been the poirson who broke the radio in the Freesmoirt Supervan...sorry Roiby..." Bubble admits and Ruby gasps. "You know what? That's okay! You're still sooo my bubble buddy and like- whatever a radio can do, I can probably do better with my voice!" She states, hugging Bubble and then turning to Four. "See how great that felt, Four? Now, do you have anything you want to say to Y/N, maybe..?" Ruby asks, and Four squints, looking very angry.

"No."

"Umm...are...you soire...?" Bubble asks before Four juts out his finger, popping her, recovering her seconds later, squeezing his hands into fists while he stood up from the table. "If you do not show me your area right now, I will put you all up for elimination!" They warn, gritting their teeth. Lollipop facepalms, shaking her head. "This isn't working at all...Four is just not being cooperative right now." She says, Leafy leaning over. "That's true, but...do we even have an area to show them?" She asks before a figure rushes in behind them. It's Teardrop, who points to an area nearby. It's a lovely place, a small, foggy valley riddled with rocks and lush flora. The team scrambles over to look, Gelatin giving a nervous laugh. "Hahaha, yeah! There's the area we picked! It's the best, right?" Four, however, doesn't appear all that impressed.

"Mmmmm...no. 3/10." He pips finally, shrugging his shoulders. Teardrop looks offended by that, waving her arms around to try and ask him for an explanation. "Yeah! What Tearster uhh...said?" Gelatin agrees. Teardrop frowns and turns to look at him, raising an eyebrow as to why he felt a need to point out her muteness.

"If you recall my instructions, I was looking for a landscape for the purpose of building! Those rocks and trees would make it too much of a hassle." They said, folding their arms and scoffing. "Shame on you, Four-colored Team! Pay attention better next time!"

The entirety of the Four-colored team frowns, X looking around sadly. It's his fault that the team lost, isn't it? After all, he stole their attention away from the challenge just to make his own plans that were starting to crumble anyway. He would have to make it up to them! "Oh no..." He murmurs to himself, Leafy putting a hand on his shoulder. "It's okay, X." She whispers. "We've still got Plan B." X smiles to her, feeling a bit grateful that she is still in high spirits.

And there still is the chance that their team might win.

Firey rushes in soon after. "Four! We found an area we think you're going to like!" He says confidently, Four smiling and snapping their fingers to transport everyone to the location where the rest of the X-colored Team stands. It's a much sleeker area in design. It's atop of more mountainous area, flat and relatively empty, with larger, rocky pillars surrounding it. Four hums pleasantly, nodding as they look around. "Wowie!~ Nice place you've got here! 10/10! You guys win!" He throws his arms up in celebration, announcing the X-colored Team's victory.