011

"Eleven." Mike said, walking up to her.

"Mike." she went to hug him.

"Is that..." Max looked at Lucas who nodded towards her question.

The two kids in front of us held on to each other like there was no tomorrow. Tears spilling out of both of their eyes, their bodies trembling from happiness, or excitement.

"I never gave up on you." Mike said pulling away, but keeping his arms on Eleven's. "I called you every night. Every night for—"

"353 days." Eleven shook her head as she already knew the information. "I heard."

Mike looked shocked and confused.

"Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?"

"Because I wouldn't let her." Hopper admitted, walking towards Eleven. "The hell is this? Where you been?"

"Where have you been?" Eleven snapped back, but quickly took Hopper's hug.

I was confused on this situation, but maybe I didn't need to understand. All that matters is Eleven is here safe, and no demodogs broke into the house.

"You've been hiding her." Mike spoke angrily. "You've been hiding her this whole time!" He attempted to push Hooper forward, although it was more like a nudge.

"Hey!" Hopper grabbed the collar of Mike's shirt, "Let's talk. Alone."

Well that was something. The two left to talk in a different room which barely muffled their yelling. Everyone decided to ignore it and not be nosy, instead focusing on embracing Eleven's return.

"We missed you." Lucas said as he and Dustin hugged Eleven.

"I missed you, too."

"We talked about you pretty much every day." Dustin says.

Eleven stares at him for a while before reaching towards his mouth. "Teeth."

"What?"

"You have teeth." she says, almost questioning.

"Oh. You like these pearls?" Dustin growls.

...Okay, Dustin. Okay.

"Eleven?" I see Max walk up to her. I knew Max was always interested in talking and learning about Eleven, but I'm not sure if that was reciprocated.

"Hey. Um. I'm Max." she extends her hand, "I've heard a lot about you."

Eleven walks past her, slightly bumping her shoulder. I frown, feeling bad and make a mental note to talk to Max later.

"Hey. Hey, sweetheart." Joyce hugs her. "Hey."

"Can I see him?"

Joyce sighs and leads her down the hallway. Before Eleven followed, she looked at Jonathan and I. I gave her a small which she returned. I wasn't close with Eleven, but I always liked her. It seemed like she'd been through a lot and needed as many people around her as she could get.

As everyone walked into the kitchen we overheard Joyce talking to Eleven. "Do you think if we got you back there, that you could close it?"

Eleven looked at Joyce with a straight face, almost as if she was imagining her abilities to do it.

"It's not like it was before. It's grown. A lot. And, I mean, that's considering we can get in there. That place is crawling with those dogs."

"Demo-dogs."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I said, uh, Demo-dogs." Dustin repeats. "Like Demogorgon and dogs. You put them together, it sounds pretty badass—"