i.

i highly suggest reading the first book!!

my eyes fluttered open as i feel pressure on my waist, and a tingle in my arm. the room was pitch black, the only source of light being a lamp by the mixtape player, which didn't do much. if the sun isn't even out, no way it's time for school.

i turned on my side trying my hardest not to make much movement, and thankfully the sensation in my arm went away.

i was faced with jonathan now, who was sound asleep. he was lightly snoring and his hair was messily displayed on his forehead, indicating how good he's slept. i reached and pushed some out of his face, the thought of us together crossing my mind.

in short terms, the past months had been amazing. truly happier than ever.

jonathan and i alternated going to each others houses. we always made time for one another even if we had been busy all day. even if it was just a phone call. he treated me more perfectly than i could ever ask for. we often went on small dates such as picnics or going to cute little shops. we had movie nights that involved a bunch of snacks, maybe kissing too.

as for joyce, she treated me like her own. every time i was over she always found a way to talk to me privately and make sure me and my family are doing okay. she brought me small gifts from work that reminded her of me, which was always a nice surprise. every night i was there, jonathan, will, and i helped her make dinner. we made the best surprise cake when it was her birthday, and when she got a raise. cooking was something we all had in common and it brought us together. and bob was a nice man, who treated her amazingly.

speaking of will, oh man. our relationship is back and better than ever. just like it used to be, but better. he always tells me how he's feeling and what's wrong, sometimes stuff he'd never told jonathan. i was glad he could trust me to that level. some days he feels off which has to do with the upside down trauma, but we all talk about it. everyone is more than thrilled to have him back safe, especially the party.

i guess you could say i'm great as of now, and i'm incredibly grateful. i'm grateful to have a loving boyfriend, and his family who happens to love me just as much, which is a plus. they're like my second family, truly.

my parents are also my biggest supporters, along with my friends. i couldn't ask for better people to be around.

my eyes started to feel heavy as i thought about the memories, one by one. i reminisced most nights when i was awake, alone. it brought peace to my mind and having jonathan right by me, basically spooning me to death, made me feel even better.

~ hawkins high school

"y/n! be there."

an orange paper was held out in front of me as i walked through the doorway, no other option than to take it.

"come and get sheet faced." jonathan read aloud as i scanned over the bold text.

"oh, this is just my type of party..." i take a moment to blow a bubble with my gum. i look over at nancy and jonathan.

"no, i'm not."

"i can't let you sit all alone halloween. that's just not acceptable."

nancy's words made me realize, what exactly am i doing for halloween?of course i'll go over to jonathan's, my parents will be at home handing out candy, but what am i going to be doing...

looks like going to this party.

"well, you can relax. i'm not gonna be alone." nancy raised her eyebrows, finding that hard to believe.

jonathan gave a look towards me, which went unnoticed. nancy nodded her head slowly.

"i'm going trick-or-treating with will."

"all night?"

"yeah."

nancy opened her mouth to say something and shook her head. "no, no way. you're gonna be home by 8:00, listening to the talking heads and reading vonnegut or something."

i furrowed your brows, wondering how nancy was so spot on.

"that doesn't sound too boring." i said, leaning into jonathan's side. he immediately wrapped his arm around my waist, squeezing my side.

just by some simple affection, this man had me more and more wrapped around his finger.

"sounds like a nice night."

"jonathan, just come. i mean, who knows, it might even change your mind on parties." nancy says, opening her locker. "y/n, convince him or something."

right after she finishes talking, steve, in a blue jean jacket and stupid glasses, picks her up and she shrieks.

as the couple talked i looked up at jonathan, nodding to the hallway. we walked together side by side, not sticking around for the free show of a make out session.

"you don't have to go." i subtlety reach for his hand, lacing my pinky with his. "you know that right? i'd never try to convince you or make you. we can always stay home." i felt... what's the word.. weird?

i understood all nancy wanted to do was have jonathan out of the house, and have fun at a party. but having me convince him? that sentence was off putting for some reason, especially because i knew how jonathan thought. parties weren't his thing and if he didn't want to go, he wouldn't go.

"i know, don't worry." he chuckled. "she was just being nice."

yeah. nice.

i approached my next class, frowning at the too soon departure. jonathan spun me around, pulling me into a hug.

"i love you." i mumbled into his chest. i was practically drowning in his woods-y cologne that smelled so good, i would wear it myself.

"i love you too. so much." he said quietly, just for us to hear. it's not like he wanted to hide it, but it felt like a private conversation just for us two, even though we were standing by the hallway.

"i have to go now, love." he laughed, feeling me squeeze him tighter.

"do you, though? do you have to? we can just leave..." i trailed off, lifting my head but never loosening my grip. our eyes connected as smiles grew on both of our faces, at my silly questions.

"i'll see you in a couple hours. promise it'll be worth it."

"it better be." i rolled your eyes, standing on my toes. jonathan leaned down to peck my lips before walking off.

of course, me being an extra-loving girlfriend, i blew him a kiss which he pretended to catch down the hall.

BOOK 2 BOOK 2