Chapter 19: Beorn

In the morning, everyone seemed to be discussing something so I rubbed my eyes and walked up to the group. I really want nothing more than to sleep in and finish healing myself. Not to mention I have a big, ugly cut across the bridge of my nose.

"Well I say we make a run for it, slip in the back way." Said Nori, coming to the front of the group. Run? From who? I continue to walk forward when I hear the chopping of wood nearby? Had the owner of this house returned? I look outside a nearby window and see an extremely large man, with hair running down his spine. Actually now that I think of it he looks kind of like a-

Oh...

I sniff the air just to make sure. The bear has come back, but this is no ordinary bear. This man, is a skin changer. I haven't seen one since-

"I am not running from anyone, beast or no." Said Dwalin. Yeah, I definitely know that for sure going by our first encounters.

"There is no point in arguing. We cannot pass through the wilderness without Beorn's help. We'll be hunted down, before we even get to the forest." He looked up at saw me, and a sleepy Bilbo behind me. "Now this will require some delicate handling. The last person to have startled him, was torn to shreds."

"Well doesn't that sound familiar?" asks Bombur sarcastically. The company looks at me and chuckles. I roll my eyes and smile. He is referring to the time they woke me up after a particularly bad day and I roared at them and fired a blast at their feet. Then I went back to sleep. I of course, obeyed Gandalf and apologized.

"Yes, yes, now Bilbo, Amaris, you two come with me." he said. We both look at Thorin for confirmation and he gestures for us to go with Gandalf. Bilbo walks forward but I stay and look at him for just a moment, and he looked back. I haven't forgotten how he helped me yesterday. He looked down at me and raised an eyebrow. I snapped out of my trance and just gave him a small smile, and returned with Bilbo.

"I-is this a good idea?" asks the hobbit.

"Yeah, I kinda nearly killed him yesterday." I say.

"Yes, now the rest of you stay here and don't come out, until I give you the signal. No loud noises or sudden movements and only come out in pairs." He said. He turns around the leave but then hesitates. "No, actually Bombur you count as two so you come out alone."

Bombur slowly nods as he continues to eat his carrot.

"Now remember wait for the signal." Said Gandalf. We then turn on our foot to leave.

"What signal would that be?" I hear Bofur ask. I shake my head.

'We're doomed..'

Third Person POV

The three walk out the house and began to make their way to the skin changer. Gandalf touched up his hair and sighed.

"Gandalf, I think I'm going to stay here. He may either want a rematch or he might get aggressive with you since I bested him yesterday." says Amaris, staying close to the staircase. Gandalf simply nodded and continued on.

"You're nervous." Said Bilbo, getting more nervous himself.

"Nervous?" asked Gandalf, offended. "What nonsense."

"Were you this nervous when you met Amaris?" Gandalf just glared down at him.

"Good morning!" Said Gandalf, giving a smile. His words went unheard. "Good morningggggg." He drawled out. The man, seemingly annoyed, stopped chopping wood and spoke.

"Who are you?" He said in a deep voice.

"I am Gandalf, Gandalf they Grey." He said, bowing. The man turned around, adjusting his axe.