Bath Day

Amaris POV

It has been a day or so since the Azog incident, and I'm almost fully healed. My wings are almost back to where I can fly again, and my ribs only have a couple of cracks in them now.
Even so, that didn't stop the dwarves from treating me like a damsel in distress. They've never treated me this way before, I don't know why they're starting now. I can't tell if I'm annoyed or grateful.

"Amaris! Can't I get you anything lassie?" asked Bofur, ready to hand me a warm bowl of soup. I kindly smiled at him and politely declined. I've already had 5 bowls today, I don't think my poor stomach can take anymore.

"Amaris! Can I get you a comfortable blanket? Are you in any pain?" asked Ori, trying to hand me a blanket. Actually, compared to the rock I'm laying on, that sounds pretty nice.

"Thank you Ori, h-" I was cut off by him rapidly trying to tuck me in. I let out a yelp of surprise and try not to laugh at his eagerness. When he was done, he himself had a proud look on his face. "How are your drawings coming along Ori?" I asked. His face faltered for a moment.

"Y-you're interested?" He asked. He's surprised I want to see his drawings?

"Of course!" I say. He sits down next to me and begins showing me the landscapes and portraits he's done over the journey. Not even 5 minutes later, I see Dori coming up to me.

"Amaris, could I tempt you with a cup of hot tea?" He asked. I gaped at him for a moment.

"Um, sure?" I asked, I'd never really had tea before. I smile at him and thank him as I take the tiny cup in my hand. As soon as the hot liquid hits my mouth I have to try my hardest not to spit it right back out. It's awful to say the least, but I try my hardest to swallow the liquid whiteout making a face. Needless to say, dragons don't like tea.

"T-thank you Dori, it's wonderful." I say. Thankfully, he seems to have believed my lie and proudly nodded at me.

For the rest of the day the dwarves continued to baby me with little acts of service and gifts. Even Thorin offered his coat again when dusk hit, which for some reason I accepted with a strawberry red face. I don't know why I've become so nervous around him, but ever since the goblin cave, things have been different. He hasn't even insulted me today.

However, there is one dwarf that hasn't even come near me today. 

Kili.

He's been acting funny ever since the incident with the stone giants. Even I'm still baffled by what I did, but it wasn't that scary was it? I didn't even want to think how I would feel if Kili was afraid of me now. We had grown close along with Fili in Rivendell when we went flying and causing mischief.

I set down the warm bowl of soup in my hands that Bombur had gave me and shrugged off the blanket that Ori had given me. Majority of the dwarves are asleep, it's only him and Bifur awake. Even Bilbo somehow found sleep.

"Kili?" I say, sitting down next to him. He looks up at me surprised for a moment and then looked back down at the ground.

"H-hey Amaris." He said.

"Is everything... alright?" I ask, not really knowing what to say.

"Yes everything is fine, no need to worry." He says quickly.

"Kili.." I say knowingly. "You can't lie to me, a dragon knows when someone is lying." I say. He sighed and hung his head. "Don't think I haven't noticed you avoiding me all day. Well, more like since the stone giant incident." I say. He only turned away more. I sighed. "Listen, I understand if you're afraid of me now, but I want you to know I didn't know about that power." I say, fiddling with my hands. Kili's head shot up.