Chapter 10 The leader Heart

The next day

June 13th

Ateez Base

Hongjoong POV:

Everything was set for next week riot. Being busy with the planning and doing the setup. Y/n hasn't been around me since I always shoo her away. When I was done and took a break, I went around the base to see what everyone was doing. The first place I stop was San area since he was my main designer for our fliers and such.

"How the fliers coming along" I ask while San set a stack of papers on the counter. "Their almost done, I have a stack more to go then they'll be done" San mentioned as he went back to work. Moving to the next area, I look to see Seonghwa and Wooyoung working on some repairs on Yunho's van. The next area I visit was Yeosang computer room as he, Mingi and Jongho were talking over something. "How is everyone doing in here?" I walked over to them as they looked to see me.

"We're good, Yeosang is showing us what he design on the computer while hacking into the city cameras" Mingi spoke up as I came over to them to see what he was mentioning. See all the cameras from the city was interesting since we can we the guards routes and such. "This is good, now what is this design you guys were talking about?" I mentioned to them since they tend to digress from the topic. "This, I had made a bug that creates a strong fire wall if the government tries to hack into our systems" Yeosang said as he shows me a weird looking digital bug he created. "It can even hack in their systems for emergencies if something goes wrong with our plan" Nodding along what he had said and hear the rest of the description of their conversation. I felt them alone to see what Y/n and Yunho was doing.

When I got to Yunho area to see him washing his car. Y/n was no where in sight. "Yunho do you know where Y/n is?" Yunho stop to look at me confused as he push the sponge down. "Wasn't she supposed to be with you today?" Yunho ask an I started to have a mini panic attack since I thought she would be here or with the others. "I shoo her away and thought she was with you or the other!" Worried that she had disappeared somewhere.
I went to look for her as she was nowhere inside the base. When I got outside, I saw Y/n sitting on a create looking at the city quietly.

I let out a relief sigh before walking over to her and stood next to Y/n. "Being outside alone is dangerous you know" I commented softly as Y/n looked at me before back to the city. "Maybe so but it's nice to be outside every once in awhile" She said before letting out a sigh which cause me to look at her.

Y/n POV:

"Something the matter Y/n?" Hongjoong asked me as I lightly played with the bracelet Yeosang gave me. "Not really, just me and my stupid thought getting to me is all" I mutter softly as I looked at Hongjoong as he was looking at me. "What do you mean that your thoughts are getting to you?" Hongjoong being confused for a moment had me chuckled softly before I looked towards the sky.

"I just feel like I am a bother to you guys" I started to say as Hongjoong kept quiet to hear me out. "You guys get involved when my family are around, guards always somehow manage to spot us when we were quiet and now I....mmh!" When I was about to finish my rant. Hongjoong grabbed my arms and pulled me into him an kissed my lips. Surprised by the sudden act from him, I closed my eyes and kisses him back. We stayed like this for about another minute or two til Hongjoong broke the kiss.

"Don't speak nonsense Y/n, your not a bother any of us" Hongjoong said as he lightly caresses my red cheeks softly. "But.." I felt unsure since everything seems to happen when I'm around any of the guys. "All the events that happen weren't your fault Y/n, those were just coincidence that happen. As for me and the guys, we want you here" Hongjoong gave me a softly smiled before lightly pressing his forehead against mine.
"I'm sorry for shooing you away, I just want things to prefect for next week" Smiling softly as at Hongjoong attempt to make up for sending me away. I chuckled softly before I lightly kisses him.

"It's alright, just don't shoo me away next time okay" I said as Hongjoong nodded his head and smiled as well. When nighttime came around. I was making dinner tonight as it was chicken soup. "Do you need some help" I heard as I look to see Hongjoong entering the kitchen with Seonghwa behind him. "I would like that, don't need to get yelled at by you guys the last time when my stitches came undone" I chuckled softly as I remember yesterday how San had to redone the stitches while Hongjoong and the other scolding me for jumping of a building.
When their help, dinner was done on time. Serving a bowl of soup to each of the guys. I manage to give everyone their food before I got mine. "This looks great Y/n" Wooyoung said happily as he and the other started to eat. I was glad to make something that everyone was about to enjoy thanks to Hongjoong and Seonghwa help.

After everyone ate and clean their dishes. The guys went to bed after a long day of preparing. I was in the living room looking out the window to see the city lights. "Are you not tired Y/n?" I heard as I look to see Hongjoong walking towards me. "I am but I'm just tired of sleeping on the sofa as it's getting uncomfortable and hurting my injured shoulder" I said to him since it was true.

"Come on them, we need our rest" Taking my hand in his. Hongjoong took my to his and Mingi shared room. Mingi already asleep on his bed was a cute sight while Hongjoong led me over to his bed. Clawing into the covers, Hongjoong lay down and turn to me while patting a spot next to him. "Coming lay next to me tonight, it's going be a chilly night to sleep" Hongjoong offered and I turned red with shyness as I got into the cover an lay down next to Hongjoong.
"Want me to turn around?" Hongjoong ask since he was being respectful and let me decide. I shook my head and shyly move closer to him as I lightly place my head again his chest which cause Hongjoong to gently wrap an arm around my waist.

"Goodnight my star"