One glance before I left his office was enough to know if I got what I wanted. The corners of my lips lifted into a devilish grin and left Hwang with confusion etched onto his face.

Hmm, maybe he didn't know.

The car rolled to a stop in front of Chan's gym. I cut off the engine and grabbed my coat from the passenger seat. Even if it were only two steps to the front door, the winter weather was extra shitty today.

Securely wrapped in I entered the gym. I easily found my friend in his sweaty form hitting a punching bag. His muscles beneath his loose tank top rolled with every punch. His skin was flushed red from the workout and gleamed underneath the neon light.

"Hey, where's Felix?" As I looked around, I couldn't find that bubbly orange cousin of mine. He would have jumped me by now, and I caught myself expecting it. This kid was growing on me like fucking ivy.

"Out." Chan kept his focus on hitting the bag in front of him. So I walk to the other side, facing him.

"Out? You haven't had lunch together?" I checked my wristwatch; it was thirty minutes past two. "Where did he go?"

Chan gave one last big punch, making me dodge the bag that swayed toward me. He ripped his gloves off with an angry movement. "Am I his babysitter now?"

I followed him with confusion. Chan grabbed his towel from a stool and went toward the showers. I seated on the black, metal bench that was placed in the middle of the changing room.

"No, you're not.. I just thought he was with you."

"Well, he isn't." He took his drenched top off en threw it on the ground. His shorts followed and with only his briefs on, and a fresh towel draped over his shoulder, he hit the shower.

"What crawled up in your ass?" Without a single care, I kept following him. He was acting weird. Weirder than usual.

With his back to me, bare ass and all, Chan let the hot spray consume him. He took a moment before he answered me. The wings on his sides expanded as he ruffled both his hands through his hair and rubbed his face. "Yeah, how would you know? It's not like you're here or something?"

"What the fuck are you talking about? I am here, aren't I? As I was yesterday.." My shoulder was propped against the corner of the tiled wall with my arms crossed against my chest and eyes sending him an annoyed glare.

"That's not what I meant." Chan looked over his shoulder. His brows were knitted together and his lips pressed into a thin line before he spoke again. "You have been off lately. Before the whole fighting incident at the docks. I have difficulties connecting with you. —Fuck, even Felix noticed. Where's your head at, man?"

"At work mostly, as always. You know I can't play around with you guys all the time. So I'm sorry if I neglected our friendship. Can I make it up to you tonight?"

Chan's faced the wall again, his hair foaming with shampoo. I noticed the tension in his neck and shoulders visibly relax after my proposition. It curved my mouth into a lopsided smile. His head went back underneath the steaming jet and let everything wash down the drain.

"Whatever I want?" he muttered. Chan took his towel hanging within arm's reach and dried himself off. With the towel tightened around his waist he turned to me. "No backsies." He pointed a finger at me. My smile deepened at that.