A Night Without Power

Start from the beginning

He sat her down on the bench by the door to take off her shoes as he unzipped her boot she yawned. He asked her if she wanted to go on the balcony and look at the stars she gave the biggest smile her tired body could manage and tiredly nodded her head. So Jay finished taking off her shoes but left her coat on he then took off his shoes. He picked her up and sat her on the couch. He grabbed their blanket and a pillow and took them out to the egg chair on the balcony. He went back in and picked up Caitlin he grabbed her police bear and her favorite fuzzy gray blanket and took her to the egg chair. Jay sat down on the chair with Catie on his lap her Police bear clutched tightly to her chest, her head resting on his shoulder. As they looked up at the stars, Jay asked Caitlin what story she wanted, and she said a story about little you and little Uncle Will. Jay smiled and started telling her about a few of his favorite memories of his childhood. When he finished telling one of his memories he looked down and saw the peaceful look on his sleeping daughter's face and thought about how amazing and smart she is and how blessed he is to have such a wonderful daughter.

Jay was amazed that his little girl had so many questions and observations about the natural world around them.

He thought back to all the memories of today and saw a face of pure joy. Jay watched her with pride and tenderness, realizing that he didn't want to miss out on too much while chasing his career.

The power outage lasted all night, and it forced them to slow down and appreciate each other's company. He eventually fell asleep and snuggled up to his little girl. They both slept with peaceful smiles on their faces.

After that night, Jay made a promise to take things more slowly and treasure the little moments with Caitlin. They continued to spend time outside and doing things that they didn't need power to do, even when the power was running smoothly and made it a point to have heart-to-heart conversations over candlelit dinners. Jay learned that it was the simplest things in life that brought them the greatest happiness and that he could never underestimate the bond he shared with his daughter.

A/n this is what I think the egg chair would look like. You can choose anything like a bed swing or just a couch.

This is the police bear that the intelligence and Trudy gave to Caity when she was born it will be in a lot of stories. You can change it. It doesn't need to be a bear.
Pretend it says CPD.

This is the blanket Jay got her when she was born

This is the blanket Jay got her when she was born. Again, you can change anything I choose. I only choose
this cause I have it, and it's my favorite blanket.

 I only choose this cause I have it, and it's my favorite blanket