Chapter 12: YOU'RE A FVCKING COWARD

Start from the beginning

Jungkook who heard his sister's words, mentally cursed her for making him feel even more awkward around you than he already was.

His grips around his phone tightened but he kept his gaze fixed on the screen, despite feeling a very strong and warm gaze on himself.

"Anyways! We still have this whole day to spend with you! Let's just go back to home and chat as much as we want! Who knows when I'll be meeting you again." You giggled at Somi who hugged your arm and started dragging you out of the room. "What will you do here alone now? Come on let's go!" Somi stopped beside Jungkook who finally decided to respond with a little nod of his head.
You didn't failed to notice how he avoided to make eye contact with you as he walked out while you and Somi followed him. Sitting inside the back seat along with Somi, you got busy with her as she was in all-mood to chat with you. You did carefully listened to her but still didn't forgot to glance at Jungkook time-to-time, still trying to guess if he really wasn't bothered by your leave.

"How about I make some cookies for you?" Somi enthusiastically proposed and you couldn't help but agree to her as you also wanted to lift up your mood. "Good then! Just wait for me for a while! I'll be back soon!" You smiled at Somi who ran inside the kitchen and a chain of servants followed her inside almost instantly.

After she left, now only you and Jungkook were standing in the living room. You glanced at Jungkook from the corners of your eyes while he still continued to pretend as if your presence didn't mattered to him.

"Uhm… Jungkoo-"

"Hello! Mr. Kim! Yes, are you free now? Yes I was thinking if we can discuss further about our deal! Yeah-" your mouth parted in bewilderment as you watched him walking upstairs, clearly avoiding you with the fake excuse of being busy with his clients, because you clearly saw the blank screen of his mobile, there was no way the call of this 'Mr. Kim' appears out of nowhere! "What a coward!" You twisted your lips and cursed him while staring at his dissapearing back.

Jungkook sighed after closing the door and leaning his back against it. Not long after, he opened his eyes in a flick of a second and widened them in amusement, "What the hell is wrong with me? Why did I avoided her just now?" Jungkook subconsciously reached out to rub the back of his head in confusion as he continued to ask himself, "And why the fvck I was acting so awkward around her?"

Feeling slightly bored as you were alone, you stood up from the couch in the living room and decided to walk to Jungkook's room, adamant enough to clear the confusions you had in your heart for him.

You walked upstairs and stood outside his room, still considering of you should give some time to seriously consider about a few things that were going on between you and him. But,being the 'do-or-die' person you were, you decided to face it right then and there!

"Jungkook! Are you free now? Can we talk?" You banged your palm against the door and yelled loudly but no response came from inside. Meanwhile Jungkook who was sitting on the edge of his bed, conftinued to bite his nails in anticipation while staring at the door with his widened and confused eyes.
"Why isn't she leaving? She's been banging the door for more than an hour now! Isn't she tired already?" Jungkook glared at the door with a troubled expression on his face. Soon his expression changed from troubled to blank as he questioned himself again, for the nth time today, "But why the hell am I avoiding her? She won't eat me alive or something right? I have never been so awkward around her before for God's sake!" Jungkook closed his eyes and took in a deep breath.

Just as he stood up and was about to openel the door, the words that your father said a while ago in the hotel room rang in his head, making him feel a loud pang against his heart, "Time to go back, Y/n!" "Time to go back, Y/n!"  "Time to go back, Y/n!"

The same line continued to ring in his ears, making him feel dizzy. "Something is wrong with me! I wasn't like this! Why the hell does it matters if she leaves or stay with me? What the fvck is wrong me?" Jungkook cursed himself as he realised that the situation was going out of his ahdns now.

He found himself at a place where he wasn't ready to grab onto you neither he wanted to let you go. Just what kind of a relationship you havw with him? Neither you nor he was aware of it? Both of you wanted to confront to each other but yet there were some doubts that you and him were too scared to speak out in front of each other. One could say it was all because of the 'ego' you and he has. While one could say that both of you still hadn't realised the love that has already bloomed in between you and him.

"Jeon Jungkook! You know what? You're fvcking cowards! Don't you dare come out of this room until I'm here! I swear I will strangle you to death!" Finally being tired of banging the door again and again, you couldn't take it anymore and loudly cursed at him.

You kicked the door and just as you turned around to leave, you heard a faint sound of a door being unlocked. Your body froze on the place while you felt a big rush of cold air brushing against your back. After taking in a big sigh, slowly, you turned around and glanced at the door which had been opened by now. There stood Jungkook, still dressed in his best white shirt and black trousers, his hairs a little messed up as if he had clenched them tightly on his fists. He looked back at you with the same innocense you had in your eyes as you gazed at him with a blank face.

To be continued…
© Bangtanmenu 2023
On Instagram