Chapter 08: I'LL TAKE YOU TO MEET HIM

Start from the beginning

Later after finishing all his work at the study, he walked to his bedroom, only to find you fast asleep on the couch. He stood by your couch and stared at your calm face before silently jerking away all of his troubled thoughts and going to sleep too.

Next day, by the time you woke up, Jungkook had already left for work. You did your morning routine and walked downstairs, only to find Somi chatting with one of the servants.

"Y/n… Good morning!" She greeted you with a warm smile, making you smile back at her equally. You sat beside her on the chair and the servants quickly served you your breakfast too. "Eonnie, can I ask you something?" Somi who was putting butter over a slice of bread glanced at you before quickly nodding her head in approval. "How did you get to know that… it was my father who killed your brother?" Just as you expected, the whole dining room went silent after your question as Somi looked at you with confusion in her eyes.

"Well, we watched the CCTV footage of Oppa's accident that night. It was your father's car." You looked at her silently and blinked twice before speaking, "That means… you didn't see his face… right?"
You noticed how your question made her slightly uncomfortable so you immediately reached out to cover her hand in yours, "Eonnie, please don't get me wrong. I'm just asking because I want to know everything." You calmed her with your words and she sighed before nodding her head.

"Y/n… it was really your father. Jungkook personally investigated the whole case with the top detectives of South Korea. And after all, when we asked your father for confirmation, he admitted that he was the one who killed my brother, because Eunwoo oppa brought the Jeon Empire to one of the top companies all over the world, leaving behind your father's company too…" Somi was extremely careful of her words as if she was worried that she might hurt you. But your mind was totally focused on something else which no one else has noticed till now, not even Jungkook.

"Ohh." You nodded your head and looked down, still trying to connect the dots.

"Y/n… do you know that your father agreed to surrender himself to the police?" Her question made you widen your eyes in shock. Ofcourse you didn't knew, because no one told you.

Analysing your reaction, Somi hurriedly held your hand and said, "Y/n… please don't get us wrong. The only thing I and Jungkook want is that the person who killed our brother should be punished. I'm sorry that we have involved you in this.." You looked at her and closed your eyes to push back the tears that were ready to fall out of your eyes.

After silently adjusting your mind, you opened your eyes and nodded your head at her, "Don't worry about me Eonnie. I also want the real culprit to be punished." You didn't point out things but Somi could sense a hidden motive behind your words.

But she knew you were totally disturbed right now so she didn't bother to ask you anything anymore.

Two days passed away just like that, with you still trying to understand whatever happened that night of Eunwoo's demise. While unknowingly, you have been ignoring Jungkook which made him reflect on himself and his actions again and again. He was troubled throughout the nights, thinking how to get you back to your old self but whenever he decided to strike a conversation with you, his inner self would make him realise that it was he himself who wanted you to not get along with him as you would be leaving after a few days.

Hence, he didn't bothered to talk to you either.

Tomorrow was the last day of the deadline he had given to your father. By tomorrow, your father would surrender himself to the police after signing off all of his properties to you and your brother.

Jungkook thought that these two final days with you also will be swiped away just like any other days, but it was until this morning when you decided to finally have a talk with him.

"Umm… can we talk?" Jungkook who was doing his cufflinks surprisedly looked at you. He obviously didn't expect that you would suddenly want to talk with him after giving him the cold shoulder for consecutive days.

He stood silently, analysing your emotionless face before clearing his throat and nodding his head. He walked inside his closet and you followed him only to find him choosing his shoes for the day. Seeing that he was silently waiting for you to initiate the talk, you gulped before speaking up, "I heard my father admitted his crime. And… tomorrow he will be surrendering to the police?" Just as you expected, Jungkook went completely silent and his softened eyes regained the coldness in them before he lifted his head to glance at you.

"Continue." He simply asked you to continue whatever you wanted to say, but you didn't fail to notice how dangerously warn-ful his voice sounded at the moment, as if he was silently warning you not to speak a single word that might enrage him again.
But all these days after considering so much, you had prepared yourself to face his wrath. So after giving an imaginative pat to yourself, you looked straight in his challenging eyes and said, "I want to meet my father before he surrenders himself."

Again. Just as you expected. Pin drop silence. Apart from the slow and soothing breeze running in through the French windows in his room, no sound could be heard.

You palpate for a while as he stayed silent and didn't bother to answer you. Staying with him for a month now you have known what his silence meant. It was a rejection for sure.

Taking a deep sigh, you glared at him and said, "What can I probably scheme in just a day? I just want to meet my father before he disappears from my life till who knows how long! Can't you let me meet him just for the last time?!" Jungkook paused while tying his shoelaces and his gaze remained fixated over his neatly polished shoe, as if he was in the midst of thinking about something very important.

You waited for him patiently until he again lifted his head and glanced at you with a cold glare, "Fine. I'll take you to meet him."

To be continued…
© Bangtanmenu 2023
On Instagram