Chapter 109: Happiness

Start from the beginning

Li Rou had requested to join Moon Perching Peak because she wanted to become a powerful cultivator like Kong Hou Shijie. Regarding this, Gui Ling had no objections, but he suddenly found that he was now a younger generation than Li Rou and Gao Jian Yan. If he saw them in the future, he would have to call them “Shishu.” This made it hard for him to be happy.

Who was willing to suddenly be in a younger generation?

“They are all new disciples, but some are shishu and one is a shizhi. They will see each other on Moon Perching Peak, and I fear they will not be able to change quickly.” Kong Hou glanced at Gui Ling and said with a smile, “How about having them all become disciples in name? That way, they will have an easier time calling each other.”

Taking on three disciples in name just for ease of address?

Cheng Yi considered it slightly and agreed. Disciple in name was only a pleasant title. In reality, their masters had no time to spare for them, and they would have to learn techniques along with the other disciples of the sect. In terms of closeness, the disciples in name were just slightly close, while the apprentices were the closest and true students of the master.

Li Rou and Gao Jian Yan hadn’t thought that they could join Cheng Yi Forebear due to Kong Hou’s words. This was an unexpected surprise. Especially Li Rou—she looked at Kong Hou with glowing eyes, as though Kong Hou was an astounding beauty.

Seeing the matter finished, Heng Yan, as the sect master, had the new disciples leave. He looked at his three shidi and the juniors. “Since you have chosen your disciples, go back and teach them, and cultivate. Don’t stay here—do you think I will keep you for dinner?”

The other peak masters all stood up to leave. Kong Hou was preparing to leave with Huan Zhong but was called back by Heng Yan.

“Kong Hou.” Heng Yan stood up and looked at Huan Zhong who was preparing to leave. “Spirit Master Zhong Xi does not have to excuse yourself. Kong Hou and I will not be speaking of secrets.”

Huan Zhong turned to look at Kong Hou. Kong Hou smiled at him and then said to Heng Yan, “Sect Master Shibo, what matter do you have to discuss?”

“I heard Wang Tong say that you and Spirit Master Zhong Xi have karma and can perform universal paired cultivation.” He took out a fist-sized cauldron. The cauldron had complicated seals on the surface. The moment it was taken out of the storage ring, the spirit energy outside the room rushed to gather inside the room, filling it with dense spirit energy.

“This is the dragon and phoenix cauldron that the ancestors of Splendid Cloud Sect passed down. Supposedly, when placed between cultivators during universal paired cultivation, it can focus the mind, soothe the energies, and cleanse the meridians. But in our last few generations, no disciple had this opportunity. Now, it can finally be of use since Splendid Cloud Sect has a disciple who can do universal paired cultivation. I will temporarily leave this dragon and phoenix cauldron in your hands.” Heng Yan hadn’t thought that something like this would exist in the treasury of Splendid Cloud Sect. A few days ago, when he had been organizing the gifts that Wu Chuan had delivered after the Mind Manifestation ceremony, he found this.

While he didn’t know whether this cauldron was genuine or not, the ancestors should not want to harm their descendants.

“Thank you, Shibo.” Kong Hou took the dragon and phoenix cauldron and thanked Heng Yan. This small cauldron was made out of an unknown material that carried great spirit energy and contained the five elements. It was very comfortable to the touch.

“This is… the Heaven and Earth Harmony Five Elements Dragon and Phoenix Yinyang Cauldron?” When Huan Zhong saw the item in Kong Hou’s hand, his usually emotionless face showed some surprise. Supposedly, several thousand years ago, a great power had comprehended heaven, earth and the elements. He had an epiphany when observing the sky at night, and used metal from stars and the blood and feathers of dragons and phoenixes to forge a small cauldron. Supposedly, this cauldron could subdue the mountains and rivers, able to comprehend the five elements and yinyang, so it was called the Heaven and Earth Harmony Five Elements Dragon and Phoenix Yinyang Cauldron. But this cauldron had been lost for a long time. Some people said that when the powerful person had ascended, they had taken the cauldron with them. Others said this cauldron had been left in a difficult to find secret realm for a lucky person.