Chapter 102: Fault

Start from the beginning

Gui Ling and the others just walked to the entrance of Food Hall and saw a beautiful woman with a warm smile walk out. Gao Jian Yan stared dazedly at the woman’s face and could not recover.

“Kong, Kong Hou Shijie, greetings, greetings.” Li Rou blushed and bowed to Kong Hou.

“Greetings, Shidi and Shimei.” Kong Hou nodded in return, her eyes sweeping across them. She said with a smile, “Go get your places. If other people come, you will not get the dishes you want.”

Li Rou’s face was red, her voice as thin as a mosquito. “Yes, thank you, Shijie, for the reminder.”

The disciples who were used to her loud voice were unused to Li Rou suddenly turning soft and rubbed their arms.

Gui Ling noticed Kong Hou was holding pastries in a quantity for several people and guessed she was bringing them to other people. He bowed to Kong Hou. “Shijie, welcome back.”

“No need for such politeness.” Kong Hou found this shidi had a refined appearance and looked again at him. “You are all newly-joined disciples.”

“Yes, I am Gui Ling.”

“Gui Ling…” Kong Hou nodded. “The clouds return half into the ridge, near water with the frost of autumn (gui yun ban ru ling, shui jian shuang qui)… Good name.”

Gui Ling’s eyes trembled slightly. He bowed his head and returned the greeting. “Thank you, Shijie, for your praise.”

Kong Hou smiled and said, “All right, go eat. Farewell.”

“Shijie, walk well.” Gui Ling bowed and smelled the faint fragrance when the young woman passed.

When they were seated, he found Li Rou was looking with dislike at him and was confused. “What is your problem?”

“You have a problem!” Li Rou rolled her eyes at him. “I had not seen that you have such cunning.”

Gui Ling’s hand trembled as he held his chopsticks, but then he firmly clamped the vegetable. “What do you mean?”

“You grabbed Shijie‘s attention from me,” Li Rou gritted out. “I have irreconcilable hate against you.”

Gui Ling almost dropped his chopsticks. What problem was this? Li Rou was a woman, a woman. Why did she want the attention of a shijie?!

##

Kong Hou carried the pastries all the way to the courtyard where Radiance Sect was residing. The disciple standing guard was Xiao Dong. He saw Kong Hou and bowed to her, saying, “Shishu.”

“Xiao Dong, is Huan Zhong present?”

“Shishu is in Shizhu‘s yard.” Xiao Dong pointed in a direction. “He just passed.”

“Thank you.” Kong Hou walked in the direction Xiao Dong had pointed.

Xiao Dong looked at her graceful back and couldn’t help but think, when Kong Hou Shishu, with her good temper, joined with Shishu, would Shishu‘s temper soften?

##

In Song He’s room, Zhi He looked at Huan Zhong who suddenly appeared and was puzzled. He always heard the disciples of Radiance Sect were polite and rule-abiding. Why would a junior suddenly charge in the rooms of an elder? He turned to look at Song He who showed no anger. What status did this Spirit Master Huan Zhong have in Radiance Sect?

“Zhi He, this is my unaccomplished shizhi, the peak master of Luan and Phoenix Peak.” Song He smiled and called to Huan Zhong, “What are you standing at the door for? Come in.”