Chapter 82: Deranged

Start from the beginning

He had not expected this medicine recipe to appear again after so many years.

The medicines on here were already hard to find before Master had ascended. The spirit energy in the present cultivation world was increasingly thin. How could such precious medicines grow?

“Give up.” As a secret realm, he had not learned tact like humans. “Many of the medicines on here are already extinct. You will not find them.”

“If one does not try, no one will know the result,” Kong Hou said. “Please tell me where they once were.”

“I only know the past location of three of the ingredients.” The secret realm spirit saw her determination and pointed at three of the ingredients. “The south of the Unforeseeable Sea, the bottom of Wind Listening Valley, and…”

The secret realm spirit paused. “The mortal world.”

“Mortal world?” Kong Hou came from the mortal world and knew how thin spirit energy was in the mortal world. She had not expected this medicine called the Blue Jade Ear was in the mortal world. “Where in the mortal world—how will we find it?”

“I do not know,” the secret realm spirit said. “Supposedly, an emperor grew this flower by watering it with his blood in order to save his beloved. I never saw it. The information about this medicine comes from the mortal realm of a thousand and eight hundred years ago.”

“A thousand and eight hundred years ago…” Kong Hou quickly calculated which dynasty it had been one thousand and eight hundred years ago.

A thousand and eight hundred years ago had been the West Feng dynasty. The emperor, Sang Yu, had been in love with his wife. After his wife passed away due to illness, he never married again. Men who had lasting love were rare, and an emperor who was faithful from beginning to end was even rarer. So in the last two thousand years, countless women still talked about this emperor.

The rarer something was, the more precious and beautiful it was.

For women of the imperial palace, Sang Yu’s actions were like a dream, a dream belonging to other women, and they were just spectators. They knew how beautiful the dream was but they could never touch it.

“Thank you for telling me.” Kong Hou bowed towards the secret realm spirit. The secret realm spirit moved to the side to avoid it. This woman had dragon energy and immortal karma. He could not accept her bow.

“Go,” the secret realm spirit said, “do not come here in five centuries.”

Kong Hou took a few steps and then turned back to look at the secret realm spirit. “After we leave, will you wait here for five centuries alone?”

The secret realm spirit stood and did not look at her bright eyes. “I am not a human; I do not understand human loneliness.”

“But when you posses the body of a human, and learn the language of the humans, when you know to negotiate and feel fear, what is the difference from being a human?” Kong Hou could not imagine what it felt like to stay in an empty place alone for five centuries. “How about… you go out and see?”

“Right now, the cultivation world has changed greatly compared to millennia ago. Are you not curious?” Kong Hou felt that a secret realm spirit that knew to think and would chose to retreat before Huan Zhong’s great power was the same as a human.

“I am very curious,” the secret realm spirit said calmly, “but I am the resolve left behind by Master. I want to see the next ascension scion for Master. When a new person from the cultivation world ascends, I will come out and visit.”