Epilogue

Its 10 years since I got my masters' degree. Time flies like no other. Everyone's busy in their own world of hustle and bustle. However, our group is still connected. We made a group on Instagram and we have a face-time once or twice in a month to be updated what's happenin' where. Ally still keeps me updated with her gossips. Thou she's a mother of 3 children, but nothing has changed in her even a bit. Ishaan got married 8 years ago with one of the models who came to Ohio for a shoot. They accidently met and then friendship, then more and falling in love. With equally mutual feeling from both sides. And now he's an angel's father. She is so cute that even an angel could get jealous of her.

Joe and Jaz's relationship didn't work out well. They broke up a year after I left. They reasoned that they couldn't fit in a long-distance relationship. However, he's a married man now, exploring the world with his wife & living the life of his dreams to the fullest.

All the thoughts, memories flashes into my head as I rest it on the comfy chair in the business class coach. Now me? I have got really great success because of my work, my experience and everything. I have been the CEO of a multi-national company. And why am I on the flight? Coz of 2 major reasons. A meeting with a CEO of a firm in US. Guess who? None other than Vishie. The day we got this schedule of our meeting. We both laughed our heart out on the phone call. Second my friend, 'Vishie' is getting married... finally, after me convincing him since 2 years almost.

And me, I'm still a single, but I do have a daughter whom I adopted 4 years ago when she was only 10 months. I named her Advaita meaning 'unique' and so she is! I know single parenting is tough but I still feel like committing to someone other would be equivalent to cheating on Adi's feelings! So, no commitments or something. I even clearly told my parents about this. It was hard to convince them but I pulled it.

I glanced at Advaita beside me, she is so beautiful, she has same eyes as Adi's, same behaviour as Vishie's, smile like Joe's, talks like Ally, gets me like Ishaan, and loves me like James. She is just wholesome for me. I just love her more than I have ever loved anyone.

I'm quite excited about meeting my people over there, I hope Advaita will bond with Salena, Ishaan's daughter, just like we did 14 years back. We are first gonna land in California for the official meeting with Vishie. Then we'll fly to New York as everyone's gonna be there and so will be Vishie's wedding.

.

We were done with the meeting and now we are at the resort for Vishie's wedding where my gang is gonna meet me and my daughter. Last time I met them was on Joe's wedding that was a month before I adopted Advaita. So, first meet of her with them.

"Hiiiii!!!" I ran and hugged Ishaan as soon as we saw each other, while he lifted up and swirling me. Luckily Ruby, his wife knows how our bond goes and didn't mind it.

"Finallyyyyy!" Ishaan says putting me down.

"Yes!" I mirror the same excitement and happiness as his.

"4 years right." He says, and I guess he's remembering our last meet.

"But nothing has changed!" I reminded him bringing him back to the present.

"And it won't. Ever." He adds.

"Cutie beautyyy..." Ally shouts as she along with james and kids reach there.

"Al!" I moved towards. "Oh how much I missed you!" I say as we hug. And then we did our signature handshake.

"I'm here too." James says as he clears his throat faking anger.

"Yes. For sure James." I say as I hugged him. And like always his hugs are as warm as ever.

"Where is Vishie?" he asks as we got apart.

"He has some paper work to be done." I answer. Vishie got a call after an hour we landed here about some papers he left to sign. "And Joe?" I ask.

"He'll be here in an hour or so." He replies after looking at his wrist watch.

"So she's Advi..." ally tries to say Advaita's name as she moved towards her. "What was it?" she asks in a low voice to me.

I laugh out a breath mentioning her name in clear words. "Advaita!"

"Yes Advaita. Right!" she says with her American accent. "How are you darling?" she asks Advaita bending at her level.

"I'm great! How are you miss?" she answers in her sweet voice. I like when she treats everyone with much sincerity and innocence.

"Oh. I'm a lil less great than you." Ally replies warmly squeezing her cheeks lightly. "Theo, Jack, Cindy!" she calls her kids. "Meet your younger sissy." She asks her children. Theo is the eldest of all kids here. He's 8, was 1 month old in Ishaan's wedding. Jack and Cindy are twins and are 5 years old.

"Hii." The three says in unison.

"Hello!." My daughter wishes warmly.

"Go Salena meet them all." Ruby asks her daughter to meet them as well.

All children introduced themselves on their own and soon were talking like long lost best-friends. Theo and Salena seems to be shy. Cindy and Advaita team up when jack was irritating them. I feel like they are the childhood versions of us.

"You all can have fun in the park there." I suggest pointing towards the park with swings as the kids were trying to meet.

"Theo! Since you are the eldest here. You are required to look for all your younger one's there." James asks Theo bending at his level.

"Yes dada!" Theo nods quickly and soon all of them ran towards the swings' area and found to be playing.

We went towards the café in the open area near the park to keep an eye on the kids.

After an hour Vishie and Joe reached together. And we all had a great meet-up session again. As I watched everyone, nothing seems to be changed. The same leg pulling, caring, nonsense talks, bitching... everything. Just like old times.

I also found that Benny, Joe's wife is also 2 months pregnant, that means one more member in our family. Yes, these people are my family, the one I created on my own, and I'm proud of it!

Benny and Ruby are still not aware of why am I a single parent, where still my friends don't know the whole story. And it's enough for the ones who knows but not everyone is required to know that. Coz I believe......

Some secrets are meant to be secrets! And are better if they are secrets only!!

!!! THE END !!!

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

Next book coming soon with much consistency!

LOVE Y'ALL!

XOXO

~Unnati<3