Part 15 : The Ring!

Present Day!

"And he left. Months passed. Finals were also on head but there was no sign of him returning. He used to call me once in a week. But then one day I received a text that he is not giving the finals and said that he won't return now. As soon as I read it, I called him but it was switched off. I tried more than 100 times but no response. I then called his mother but that was unavailable. I texted him but those never got delivered. After finals I went to his house. But the guard there said that they left a month ago and had strictly told not to give any information about them to anyone." I was emotionless by the end and was sitting in front of him.

"What!" Ishaan said. "But why would they do so?" he adds.

"I don't know. I seriously don't have any idea why that all happened. But I weirdly believe that there's some serious incident behind all this. Coz Adi was not fake." I say directly looking in Ishaan's eyes with tears in my own.

"Shh!" Ishaan pats my head and hugs me by rubbing my back.

"He is not fake Ishi! He is for real. I have been with him for 3 years. I know him... that something has happened. Otherwise that guy must have at least done a lil bit of effort to contact me." I say just sitting and not even hugging back.

Ishaan broke the hug and held my shoulders and said, "Did I say he was fake? No right! Then why are you explaining. See where is he, I have no idea. But I know if you believe he is not fake. Then he'll come back or at least his signs of returning would be seen. Ok!" and I nodded.

"Now calm down. Just breathe." Ishaan said passing me a glass of water.

"Umm... Sam!" he called me and I hummed.

"After all this you told me, one thing is still not understandable!" he exclaims.

"What?" I look to his side as he was near my study.

"How out of nowhere you got reminded of Adi? Like you just performed and then all this... I mean you getting it right!" he says trying to connect the dots but seeming to fail.

"Actually..." I say fidgeting my fingers. "The song Vishie sang today, was our song like kinda the symbol of us. And when he sung that, I saw Adi in him. And I was getting anxious so I needed to put it off my heart." I explain.

"Okay..." he tries to digest the things.

"Ok now, wanna have something?" I ask Ishaan, I needed to distract myself now.

"Sure. Pasta?" he suggests.

"Yup! Lets go." We both head towards the kitchen.

From the time I put everything off my heart in front of Ishi, I felt light. He is so good in this. A good listener, advisor, friend, family. He is just the perfect for a messy girl like me. I love him and I mean it. The only person after my dad and Adi who can comfort me in any situation is this guy. I am so worried about the time when I'll leave for India.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as Ishaan asks me something. Then we cook while talking random stuffs, gossips, his office things and almost everything. Except Adi's!

.

Days passed and I was now lighter than earlier. Everything was normal, our normal routine. My part-time job, college, Vishie, Ally, James, and Joe and Jaz, our canteen-talks.

Until one day...

"Hey! Can we become more than friends?" Vishie said catching me up from behind as I walk through the hallway, back to my locker.

We were coming from the Music's class and he had been flirting with me the whole time. I too played along like I did with every other guy friend of mine.