Part 9 : Vishie, Who!?

I straighten my posture, and instruct my brain to only focus on what he's going to tell.

"So, lemme start from the very beginning of all this. We are basically Indians. We migrated here so that my brother can be treated better. It all started 4 years ago. We all lived in Mumbai. And he went to Bangalore for pursuing B. Tech... I was also doing my bachelors but in Stats though in a college of Mumbai itself. Everything was going fine, he would come to home on festivals. So, in his middle of the 4th year, he got his migraine attack after 8 years. By god's grace he was with us in Mumbai back then, so we took him to the doctor who knows about his disease from the starting. His condition got better and then after a month while he was going back to Bangalore I went along with him to drop him at the airport. But on the way to airport we met with an accident. At the signals while crossing the road a truck hit us from his side and he got serious injuries in brain, that too on that side of brain which is affected by migraine. Since, I was on the other side, I got external damages only. Then, on taking him hospital he got operated at first. But the doctor told us that his condition is so critical he needs better treatment. He contacted with his friend here in California. Since our father is well-known businessman and has his connections worldwide, so it was easy for us to move here at the earliest. My father landed California with him along with the medical help. The rest of the family stayed with me there in Mumbai only. The services here were so good, his treatment was immediately started and the hopes of his recovery were so bright. In a week, I along with mom and sister too got here. Doctor assured us that he'll be fine soon if his body keeps on responding like that. But, god was not with us in that period, he woke up in 2 days, just to only get into the coma. Doctor told that due to some reactions in his body he got there, however all the brain injuries, memory loss and even his migraine is cured except for him being in coma." He stops with heavy voice.

All the time I was listening to his story it made my heart heavier with each incident. I had goosebumps all over my body and my fingers were shivering.

As he stopped I went to his side and rubbed his back. His muscles relaxed as I rubbed more.

"Wanna continue?" I asked after the silence of a good minute.

He hummed in response and took a deep breath to continue. I remain seated beside him with an arm on his shoulder.

"After all this, my parents broke, as he was everyone's favorite. Even I couldn't stand with this news as he was my personal human diary. And Kia, my sister caught fever with the stress and pain of having his brother on hospital bed till don't know when." He sobbed a little in the end. Anyone can tell how severely he must have been affected by the news back then. I rubbed his shoulder, as he rested his head on my shoulder.

"I'll wish he wakes up as soon as possible. And don't worry, he's gonna be super fine very soon." I tried to console him, though I know nothing can do that job.

"He will wake up na?" he asks me looking directly into my eyes like a small kid asks for promises to get a candy.

"Yes! Don't worry." I replied, internally wishing to wake his brother up asap.

He sniffs and continues again. "After all this, we took him to a farm house dad had in California, with all his medical needs. But Kia's health was degrading each day, so my dad, mom and Kia decided to shift here, in Ohio. However, I couldn't leave him alone there so I stayed there with him, but then we both too were being shifted here, that was 6 months ago. Then, to continue my studies, and distract a bit of my mind, I took admission here. And rest you know!" he stopped. By the end he was stiffened again and was looking at his fingers, and then at me in the end.

I just stood there obviously taking my arm back and sitting back in front of him where I was sitting in the beginning. We remained in the silence for some good minutes, which was broken by a knock on the door.

"May I come in guys?" Ishaan asks with his famous smile.

"Tu kabse permission maangne laga?" {Since when you started asking permissions?} I asked, as he entered before letting us answer his question. And Vishie smiled to remove all the signs of our serious talk.

Jabse {Since} you guys team-up against me!" he says sitting in between the space left in front of me and Vishie. "By the way, kya baatein ho rahi thi?" {What was happening?} he says oscillating his gaze between me and Vishie for an answer.

"Nothing much -" Vishie answers, but I cut him off with, "Just our 'team' talks you know!" air quoting team with my fingers as he just named us a 'team'.

"Ooh... cool then I'll take leave!" he says getting up and being dramatic of being hurt to be excluded. Yeah I know. That's how he is. My dramatic Ishiii!

"Oh! Come on Ishii!" I say pulling him back to his seat. "I mean Ishaan!" but I immediately correct myself realizing Vishie's presence. But getting blood-shot gaze from Ishaan. To which, I could only mouth SORRY.

"Wait! Wait! Wait! What you just said 'Ishii'!" Vishie says laughing his whole heart out. But I closed my eyes in regret of calling him with that.

"Oh! That's nothing! Please forget it... please!!" I plead seeing my death coming near as I gaze Ishaan with corner of my eyes.

"Yeah!" he stops laughing. "I'll forget! Ishii" but laughs again. His laugh is so contagious that I too couldn't stop myself and I too laugh a little. But it feels so good to see him laugh again, though, he has to go back to all that but at least some moments of happiness.

"Stop it guys! And Vishie only 'she' can call me that! So no 'Ishii' again. Got it!" he says firmly. I smile at his possessiveness clearly audible.

I hug his upper chest from side saying an "Aww!"

He glanced at me and hugged me back with a smile.

"Okay! Okay! Sorry 'ISHAAN'!" he pressurizes on Ishaan air quoting it.

"Okay so... what next?" Ishaan asks as we broke the hug.

"I don't know about you guys, but I am gonna sleep." I say adjusting myself in the empty space of my bed.

"Okay! Good night!" Vishie wishes me. "And we are gonna finish that last round. Okay!" and announces, basically for Ishaan.

"Yups!" he says with a thumbs up.

"Good night both! And keep the sound low for me please!" I say with a baby face.

"Sure! Sleep-well little." Ishaan says affectionately kind of adoring my expressions with his cutest smile which I adore.

TBC...

Pardon me for any Typo!

So, now you know... WHO'S VISHIE!

The next parts are gonna be quite interesting! Also what do you guys think about Ishaan and Sam's relation!!???

Please do others let know about this book! Share!!!

Love you all!

And Happy New Year's Eve<3

Idk how your 2022 went but I hope you get a better 2023 coz you all deserve it. You all are the best..
XOXO

Read! Imagine! Suggest! Vote! Comment!