chapter 15

"Can you look at me now?" Annabelle asked in a cute tone. Still holding him on his wrist.

Rasmus slowly lifted his head. His cheeks were flushed and he was biting his lips.

"Look. I've been wanting to talk to you for a while now. But I always see Steel or Ross around you like they're gatekeeping you or something."

"I-I just want... t-to start again. You do know my name, right?"

"Annabelle?" The girl couldn't help but smile when he said her name. It sounded so perfect when he said it.

"Yes. And I want to get to know you, Rasmus. I want to hang out with you too."

"You don't have too. I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea."

"They won't. You're smart Rasmus. You know what I mean. Unless making out with you does not say it but I am seriously attracted to you and it's driving me nuts whenever Cullen bullies you but everyone's just watching. I've gotten into many fights with him already and I would've killed him if it's legal!" She suddenly rambled and Rasmus blushed again at the mention of that event.

"Y-you shouldn't. Besides, Cullen doesn't bother me anymore. Please don't go into fights because of me."

"Okay. But... Rasmus... I actually just said I like you..."

"What do you want me to say? Everybody hates me. They'll just hate me more if they see me with you..."

"Then they don't have to! W-we can keep it secret. That's okay for me!"

"But why? Why do you like me? I'm nothing. Compared to you."

"That's not true. I won't say you're my everything because that would be so lame! But... I actually tried to be a good person... because of you. And I hope you won't look at me like I'm the same as my friends."

"You're a perfect woman Annabelle. But I don't have anything to offer to you. I can't tell you anything. And I could only put you to harm. And you don't deserve any of that."

"I don't care! A-and don't reject me just like that! J-just go out on a few dates with me. And if you still don't like me. I promise I'll back off."

"Please?"

Annabelle pouts and unconsciously holds tightly to his hand.

"I..." Rasmus stared at her and somehow fell into trance.

Annabelle is the most desirable woman he could ever met. She is nice even though she's one of those posh people. She didn't let her wealth and fame get over her head and she stayed humble.

She is also filled with talent and is very humorous. Nobody will be bored of being around her.

So to say he doesn't have an ounce of special feelings would be a lie. Especially when he knows that he is the only one who has the ability to make the beautiful lady drop all her guard for him. Or that they have already shared more than just simple interaction and Rasmus was the only one to make her feel wild and needy.

That day still remains fresh at the back of his mind like it was just a few hours ago.

"So? Is that a yes?" Annabelle's voice rang in his head since he suddenly got quiet while staring at her.

"O-okay. But l-let's keep it a secret... I don't want anyone to know..." He murmured and Annabelle could care less. Her face beamed with a bright smile as she went over to hug the male.

She couldn't hide the happiness that is now very evident on her face.
Even Rasmus. He is anxious about how it will all turn out. But he likes her too. Genuinely. So he also wanted to see if they'll work out. As long as no one else knows so Annabelle's reputation won't be ruined for going out with an outcast.

Annabelle leaned back and looked up to him with big eyes. She kept the very big smile on her face and looked at him as if asking for something. She blinked her eyes a few times until Rasmus eventually picked up the message.

"I-isn't too early... f-for that?" Rasmus shyly muttered but kept his gaze locked on her.

Annabelle pouts and stomps her foot. "As if! We already made out!" She whined that quickly made the male blush.

He looked away trying to hide his blushing face. But Annabelle knew he would do that so she suddenly turned his face back to look at her.

"When you're with me. I don't want you to hide your face. I wanna see you. You look perfect to me Rasmus." She hummed in a soothing tone while caressing his cheeks.

"Don't take into heart what the bullies say. They don't know you. Just because you look different from us. It doesn't make you a freak. It only makes you more special." She added and a soft genuine smile creeped to her lips.

"Please be comfortable with me. If anything, tell me what you don't like so I won't cross the line." She says.

Rasmus never felt this grateful to hear someone as considerate as her. The way Annabelle looked at him was like he is everything she wants her life to revolve with. That gave him the slightest confidence he needed.

Rasmus held her hand on his left cheek and caressed it. Not breaking any contact as they lock gazes on each other. His other hand gently wrapped around her waist and pulled her closer, their faces only a few inches apart now.

He slowly leans down until their lips finally touch. Unlike the first. It wasn't a heated or passionate kiss. It was just simple and slow. It made them both feel like they were floating.

After a few more seconds. They pulled away both with a satisfied smile. Especially Annabelle. She could say that she likes him more than he would.

"Okay. So I've got so many ideas. We can't go back to the party now since a lot of people might see us. We should go to our studio. Nobody's there right now!" She suddenly rambled in excitement and pulled the male by his wrist.

They went to the dance studio which is indeed empty since everyone's at the party.

"Won't they miss you there? The reporters might notice that you're not at the party." Rasmus stated while Annabelle walked to the tv and seemed to be setting it up for a movie.

"I don't care about them though. I mustered all my courage just to ask you out. I'm not leaving now." She said followed by a gigglish chuckle.

"Ugh. How do they do this?" The girl groaned when she couldn't connect the television to the internet.

"Do you wanna go somewhere else? I know a good place that not many know about." Rasmus suggested. The girl looked at her with an innocent expression and then she nodded.

So Rasmus decided to take her to their treehouse. It was at least ten to fifteen minutes walk and run. Just so to make sure that the bodyguards nor the reporters will not see them.

Annabelle was beyond thrilled as she followed him to the greenhouse. Passing through the secret door and walking in the dark forest. They carried a lamp they got from the greenhouse so there would be a light on their way.

"There." Rasmus pointed at the house. "My friends and I made it so we can hang out there during free time or weekends." He says. Unconsciously smiling at his own proud statement.

"It looks great! Let's go!" Annabelle said but not because she is amazed to see the perfectly built tree house.

She was more amazed to see the most adorable smile on Rasmus' face.

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.