Chapter 17 The Rumble

Dally told me that there would be a rumble today because we killed Bob.
I made breakfast today. Well I poured cereal and milk into a bowl for everyone. I didn't want to cook today. I was too excited for tonight. I was ready to kick ass. So I thought.

The day passed quickly before I even knew it, it was sundown. Everyone was pumped up and I was about to walk out before Soda grabbed my shoulders.
" What are you doing?" I said getting out of his grip.
" You're not going," he said.
" What, why!" I said angry.
" I mean she is pretty good with a bat," Dallas said butting in.
" This is a no weapon rumble, I agree with Soda," Darryl said.
" Of course you do." I said under my breath.
" Exactly why she can't come today,
.She is our secret weapon!" Two-Bit said side hugging me by my shoulder. " And no weapons aloud." He said smiling and poking my side.
" Fine," I said giving up." But if you guys take too long I'm coming to get you."
" Deal," Darry said.
Soda came over to me. " Be safe please," I said looking up into his eyes.
" Only for you," he said smirking. I stood on my tipi toes to kiss him. They gang started hooting and holaring as they all started to run out the door. I sat on the porch watching them all run to the lot where the rumble would take place sad I couldn't come along. I wish they wouldn't treat me differently because I was a girl, but I guess that's just society.

It started to pour rain. Really bad. I started to get concerned because it has been over an hour. I really wanted to go check things out but the gang would all probably get mad.
I sat and waited for ever. Until I finally heard them walking back. Their batteries drained but still somehow excited.
They had won.
"We won!" Steve screamed loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear.
I ran into Soda's arms and gave him a long kiss as he picked me up and spun me around in his arms. He was soaked and I was now too. I stopped kissing him and looked at his swollen cheek that was dark purple and blue.
" C'mon let's get you some ice," I said hopping down from his arms. Soda took a fast shower then sat down on the couch next to me. I had him lay down. I sat next to him while I held the ice on his cheek.
" Lay with me?" He asked.
I layed down next to him still holding the ice. He rubbed my back lightly as we both fell asleep together.
" I love you." He said to me kissing my head.
That was the first time he has ever said that to me.
" I love you too." Smiling I fell asleep.