Chapter 15 The date

Soda drove into a small field filled with hundreds of flowers. It was gorgeous. He grabbed my hand and walked me over to a small blanket on the ground with a pillow and basket full of my favorite chocolate.

" Soda, this is beautiful," I said truly amazed.
" I thought you would like it," he said blushing. " You look great."
" So do you, Soda." His hair was slicked back and his blue eyes were shining more than ever from the sunset.

He slowly made his way over towards me on the blanket looking deep into my eyes. He pushed some of my hair behind my ear then cupped my face.
" You are so beautiful," he said. Then leaned in and kissed me. I did not hesitate to kiss back. I put my hands on his chest as we kissed.
He pulled away.

" I really like you Valerie, w-would you like to be my girlfriend?" He asked.

Omg the guy I have liked for like ever just asked me to be his girlfriend.

" Of course I'd love to be your girlfriend," I said smiling. I leaned in again and felt his lips against mine. I could feel him smiling in the kiss, which gave me butterflies. We broke apart and laid down on the blanket staring at the dark blue sky for the sun has almost completely set. You could see the stars start to shine. I cuddled up to Soda and closed my eyes falling asleep to the sound of his heart beat.

★★★★★

Soda must have woken up and put me in the truck last night  because I woke up in my bed with my sweatshirt on over my dress. I walked over to my desk so I could wipe off last nights make up. I applied my skin care then a small amount of make up to start the day. I changed into a pair of black shorts and a white tank top. Comfy enough, I walked down stairs to see Darry making eggs.

" Sup kiddo, it sounded like you two got back late." He said.
" I wouldn't know, " I responded, " I fell asleep."
He nodded. " How was it," he said handing me a plate with an egg and sausage along with a glass of juice.
" Good," I said stuffing my mouth with food.

Some of the boys wanted to go do some other stuff so I just sat around all day basically. Soda and Steve had work. So did Darry. Dally was probably drunk and with a girl. Pony had school work to do. Johnny and Two-Bit went town to get groceries and other things. I was bored out of my mind so I decided to get ready and go shopping. I haven't gotten anything really new in a while so I decided to walk around some stores for a bit.

As I passed different stores I found different clothing items I ended up buying. Like a white dress that was soft and beautiful to twirl in. A black dress covered in sparkles. And two tang tops and shirts. A lot of shit I probably don't need. As I drove home I stopped to get food because it was getting late. I decided to get dairy queen for all of us. When I walked into the shop, I immediately saw 4 socs. I ran into the bathroom in the store freaking out. I was obviously scarred from the one time they jumped me and left me in a ally way. I waited at least 20 minutes until I knew they were gone. I ordered the food and walked out to my car holding the huge bag of food. I was about to step into my car until I realized it was shorter that usual. Either I had grown while sitting on the toilet seat hiding or something happened to my car. I shut the door and took a step towards the tire. All four of my tires had been slashed with scratches all over the side. How did I not notice this? I covered my mouth as my eyes started to water. I jumped back into my car and locked the doors because I didn't know if they were still there. They must have recognized my car.
I needed to call someone. I ran back to the dairy queen and found a phone on the wall next to the entrance of the store. I called the DX hoping someone would pick up.

" Sorry the DX is closed right now, how can I help you?" I heard over the phone.

" Soda, it's Val." I said crying.
" Hey Valerie, whats wrong?" He said concerned.
" S-someone slashed my tires and scratched my car," I said. " I'm at the dairy queen."

" I'm coming right now," he said hanging up.

I sat back in my car with my hands on the wheel. I stopped crying and was just thinking about how this could have been prevented. Maybe if I had just turned around and went home when I saw that they were in there. Then I hear a nock on my window...