Motherly big brother- Chapter 2

As the celebrations went on, Mu Qing had left to a clear area of the garden so he could carry on with his book. After a while his peaceful comfort came to an end when he felt a light tug on his clothes. Looking down, a smile came to his face. "Cuocuo , what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with your parents?" He said, whilst picking up the infant and placing it in his lap. As if understanding what Mu Qíng had just asked, he shook his head. "Ha, I guess you're right, I wouldn't want to be around your father either. He's a huge pain!" Growling at the mention of his father Cuocuo clearly expressed his hatred. Resulting in a small chuckle from Mu Qing. Smiling, Cuocuo looked down at the book next to him and leant to pick it up only to shove it into Mu Qing's chest.

"Do you want me to read it?" Asked Mu Qing, confused as to why he was being given the book. A slight nod answered his question. "Alright, here we go," he said propping out his legs and placing the child in between his arms, "In a society where only the beautiful and graceful...." As the story went on the two fell into a deep slumber, the child had curled up into Mu Qing's robe as if to seek warmth and Mu Qing kept Cuocuo in a tight embrace.

A few hours had passed by, when Mu Qing was awoken by a small cry. It took a few seconds for his eyes to adjust to the light and find the source of the crying. It seemed that the little ghost was tangled in his robe. A small chuckle escaped his lips. "You seemed to be struggling, would you like help?" He said reaching down to lift up Cuocuo, a violent shaking of the head was the result of this. "No! Is that right, you think you can get out by yourself? Be my guest! Just don't come running to me when you need help,"

After no less than 5 minutes Cuocuo had officially given up, he laid still as of he were dead , which I guess he is, he then pulled out his arm in the air until it hit Mu Qing's face. When it reached skin he tapped a few times and then pointed towards himself and then to the sky. "You want up, but you said you didn't need help! Are you going against that?!" Teased the god. The ghost just tapped him again but slightly more aggressively, as if to tell him to shut up. "Alright, alright!" He laughed lifting up the child with elegance. " Freedom now! You need to learn to ask for help when needed. (Hypocrite) Do you understand?"

Standing up with one arm held down by the weight of a child he yawned " I should probably take you to your parents now they might start getting worried," I'm response his hair tie was ripped in two making his hair fall onto his back. "Now why did you do that?! You don't just rip out someone's hair tie! I understand you don't want to meet that evil man but still what about your mother she must be worried sick!" He said as they came closer to the party. "Or not!" Seeing as they saw the mother and father talking to Xie Lian and Hua Cheng whilst holding hands and hugging.

A strange ache appeared in the gods chest. Was it anger? Or jealousy? No! It was most definitely anger! How dare they just forget about their child like that.

He looked solemnly down at the baby in his arms, when a loud wolf whistle broke his train of thought.

૮ ・ﻌ・ა