Chapter 77: Limelight

Start from the beginning

Kong Hou smiled brightly at her and then said, “Celestial Ling Bo, quick, help me up.”

Ling Bo saw her pale face and guessed that she might have used up her spirit energy. She went to help. However, someone behind her was faster. A streak of white light flew across her vision. When she could see clearly, he was already helping Kong Hou up.

“Focus, calm your energies.” Huan Zhong shoved an energy condensing pill into Kong Hou’s mouth and reached out to support her waist. However, that hand was in a loose fist rather than taking the opportunity to put the entire palm on Kong Hou’s waist.

Ling Bo silently drew her hand back.

“How do you feel?” Huan Zhong channeled some spirit energy to Kong Hou’s spirit platform. Seeing her complexion recover, he slowly released her.

“Not, not bad.” Kong Hou’s eyes glittered when she looked at Huan Zhong as though she was very happy. “Just now, I felt that my consciousness seemed to be one with Phoenix Head. Phoenix Head could feel my emotions, and I knew how to play Phoenix Head for the greatest effect.”

Kong Hou touched the phoenix head hairpin in her hair. She had never liked her lifebond talisman as much as at this moment. It seemed to be a part of her body that could not be separated.

“You have reached the door to Mind Comprehension.” Huan Zhong looked at the young girl’s slightly flushed face. “You are very skilled.”

“Really?” Kong Hou’s eyes were wide, filled with joy and excitement.

Huan Zhong’s lips curved slightly. “I will not lie to you.” He took out his flying sword and jumped onto it, pulling Kong Hou along. “Rest first. Relax your mind and do not think.”

“Yes.” Kong Hou nodded. She coiled her legs on the sword and then closed her eyes to meditate.

Ling Bo pulled her shidi who had used up all his spirit energy onto her own flying talisman. She turned and asked, “Spirit Master Huan Zhong, will it be too attention-catching to fly in the secret realm?”

Huan Zhong turned to look at Lin Hu so he could explain.

“Miss Ling Bo, if the secret realm does not have any intelligence, then going on foot is the best method. But the secret realm is intelligent, therefore our movements cannot be concealed from it. If we choose to travel on foot, it will only delay time.” Lin Hu pulled the middle-aged cultivator onto his own flying talisman. He turned and asked Jin Ling, “Miss Jin Ling, do you want to get on?”

“No need, I can do it.” Jin Ling took out her own flying sword and jumped into the sky.

After seeing Celestial Ling Bo’s swordsmanship and Celestial Kong Hou’s sound attack, Jin Ling felt very guilty. As a woman, she could not have such a terrible performance. This would affect the image of women.

Silently flying in the middle, Jin Ling looked with complicated emotions at Kong Hou who was meditating on Spirit Master Huan Zhong’s sword. If she was Celestial Kong Hou, she could not completely trust a member of another sect, especially when she had such outstanding talent. If other sects wanted to destroy her, this was a good chance.

Many beautiful things would be torn apart by jealousy. Did Kong Hou not have any fear?

Jin Ling did not know if Kong Hou was afraid or not. But when they reached the path that had been blocked off by a boundary, Kong Hou had still not woken up.

No one was surprised by suddenly appearing boundaries. Surprisingly, an image suddenly appeared on the mountain cliffside next to the boundary. This image was extremely strange. A good-looking person was holding a sword, killing someone and eating their hearts, an ugly person was crying by the river, and there were two expressionless passersby.