Chapter 75: Treasure Chest

Start from the beginning

She jumped off the bed, picked up her blanket and threw it into the storage ring and then found the box in the corner had opened. She put a few defensive seals on her. Kong Hou carefully moved closer.

The box did not attack. Inside was a secret cultivation manual, a sword manual, and all kinds of precious stones. The secret manual and the sword manual were yellowed. She did not know many years they had been stored.

Five hundred years ago when the secret realm had been open, no one had taken these two secret manuals. This meant that no one had entered this room or maybe they had not passed the test of the secret realm.

However, how had she passed the secret realm’s test—just because of this infuriating dream?

“So this is compensation for me?” Kong Hou took out the sword manual. She looked at it and then put it into her storage ring, uninterested. She would give it to Huan Zhong.

She opened the secret manual. Inside were the conclusions reached by the manual’s owner, as well as what the mental state of cultivators should be. This seemed more interesting. As to the cultivation method in there, Kong Hou did not see anything special about it. Most of the cultivation methods in the cultivation world were widely spread. The cultivation methods that this book mentioned could be found in the cultivation books that were published now.

As to the other cultivation methods which had not been tested, Kong Hou did not dare to test out of fear something would occur to her meridians. She would mail this back to the sect so Master, and the shishu could discuss it together. That was more reliable.

When one had elders to rely on, one could not waste it.

As to the spirit stones, talismans and other articles, Kong Hou used a storage bag to hold them and put it into her storage ring. She did not know if Elder Lin and Huan Zhong got anything. If they had not, she could share some with them to comfort their disappointment.

The night was dreamless. When Lin Hu woke up in the morning, the sun was high up in the sky. He frowned. Last night, he slept so deeply he lost his wariness. After dressing, he pushed open the door. When he passed Jin Ling and Ling Bo’s rooms, he heard regular breathing from within. There was also sound from within Miss Kong Hou’s room. He was reassured and walked towards Huan Zhong’s room.

“Master?” He knocked on the door, and heard Master make a sound of affirmation. He gently pushed open the door and saw Master standing in the room. The box in the corner was open and filled with jade items, jewelry and spirit stones. There were so many spirit stones and precious stones they spilled out.

“Someone came in last night?” Lin Hu walked next to Huan Zhong and looked at the mountain of spirit stones with slight anxiousness.

“No one came.” Huan Zhong shook his head. Last night, he had set several boundaries up on the door and only took them down when Lin Hu knocked.

Lin Hu rubbed his chin. Had Miss Kong Hou been correct and something was strange with these boxes?

“Did Master encounter anything strange last night?” The secret realm tests were all varied and strange. Who knew how Master had moved the secret realm to the point it gave Master such a pile of gifts.

“Last night… I had a dream.” Huan Zhong frowned. Clearly, the dream had not been good and he did not want to think about it.

Lin Hu saw this and did not press. However, his tone was slightly worn out. “My room had nothing.” He bent down and inspected the things in the box. The talismans were real, the spirit stones were real. There was also a five-colored ribbon mantle in the box which had great offensive power. This was a divine talisman of the highest quality.