Chapter 2: Utterly Humiliated

Start from the beginning

When Rosé Yang's "friends" discovered she had no more power, benefits or the title as the Jeong Madam, everyone abandoned her. After many of the socialites realized Chou Tzuyu importance to Jeong Jaehyun, they immediately flooded to her side.

Rosé Yang wasn’t surprised when her friends left her for Chou Tzuyu. Two years ago, she was supposed to be the vengeful antagonist in Chou Tzuyu's life. She was supposed to be the woman that tried to frame Chou Tzuyu for cheating and the horrible person that tried to force the loving couple apart.

Rosé Yang will not deny the fact that she used to be a horrible woman whose very name was supposed to be a sin. She couldn’t change the past, but she knew she could change her future, which was why she worked so hard to become a better person.

"Are you daydreaming again? Did you hear what I just said?" Lalisa Park fumed when Rosé Yang didn’t respond back to her.

"You said it was two in the afternoon, but my room doesn’t feel like it. It might be morning— hey!" Rosé Yang yelped when lalisa Park flung the blanket off of her.

"No, it’s cold..." Rosé Yang moaned, curling up into a ball.

"Ugh, why are your curtains so thick and dark? There’s no natural lighting in this room!" Lalisa Park walked to the long curtains that covered the tall windows.

"No, wait! I’m not ready for the light—" Too late. Lalisa Park had already pulled the curtains open.

Immediately, the bright rays of the afternoon sun soaked into the room, washing all of the melancholic darkness away.

Because Rosé Yang's condo was on the fifth-highest floor of the tall apartment complex, the sunlight was stronger than ever.

Groaning at the intrusion of light, Rosé Yang buried her head into her pillow. She refused to get up, but she knew lalisa Park would force her out of the bed regardless. "Can’t you leave me here to wallow in my sorrow?" Her voice came out muffled.

"A high-class lady such as yourself should not be sleeping until sunset. Now get up!" Lalisa Park chided, adjusting the curtain strings.

"A high-class lady without friends, a good reputation, and amazing connections is just a simple woman with money." Rosé Yang huffed.

Lalisa Park sat on top of the bed and sighed, running a gentle hand through Rosé Yang's hair. "Did you have the same dream again?" She softly asked, stroking her friend’s air.

After a few seconds of silence, Rosé Yang said a meek "Yes."

Lalisa Park's expression grew soft. "Just so you know, I didn’t like Jeong Jaehyun in the first place; he was utter trash."

Rosé Yang had a small smile on her face. "You only disliked him at first because he stole your pudding on the first day of Kindergarten."

"I have a billion more reasons for hating him. He was such a jerk." Lalisa Park retorted. "And for the record, I still hold him accountable for that!" She pouted, crossing her arms like a stubborn child.

Rosé Yang let out a peal of light laughter, the pain in her heart momentarily gone.

"Thank you, Lisa... I don’t know what I would do without you." Rosé Yang softly whispered. Her voice was quiet and broken, like a lonely child abandoned by the world.

Lalisa Park's face became gentle. She reached down and pulled her best friend into a very tight hug. Together, they’ve experienced so much hardship in this world, there was nothing that could push them apart.

"My dear, I should be saying that, not you." Lalisa Park mumbled into Rosé Yang's shoulders.

When lalisa Park was faced with any crisis, Rosé Yang was always there for her. From taking the blame of punching a boy in Kindergarten to the days of high school where Rosé Yang consistently covered for lalisa Park's mischievous deeds. They had seen each other at their worsts, their bests, and everything in between.

"We’re reminiscing too much into the past when we should focus on the present and future. Now come on, get up." Lalisa Park patted Rosé Yang's head and watched her finally sit up on her bed.

"Hurry up and get dressed, so that we can go eat brunch." Lalisa Park hurried Rosé Yang off the bed. With each step Lalisa Park took, her silky red dress flowed behind her.

"It’s two in the afternoon, brunch has already ended." Rosé Yang, the pessimist, grumbled to her friend who laughed.

"Alright, party-pooper, we can get lunch then." Lalisa Park mused, pushing Rosé Yang into the bathroom.

When Rosé Yang began her morning routine, Lalisa Park sat in the corner with a hidden, and mischievous smile.