17. our little team

Comenzar desde el principio

"I really hope we can talk through with this Marcus and find Nancy quickly as we can." Vicky said, her bag slinging over her shoulder as she untangled her scarf from her neck.

Bea and Thèrèse both nods, agreeing with Vicky, very much already missing Nancy.

"I hope she's okay." Bea murmured, now walking lazily.

Thèrèse stops midway, moving her head to watch the brown-haired girl. "She will be okay. Nancy is strong." Thèrèse smiled.

"That girl has one leg." Vicky scoffs from Thèrèse' right side, snorting.

Bea laughs as well, sharing the same grin as Vicky. Thèrèse only smiles, shaking her head.

"Do you think.. things now have changed?" Thèrèse asked, looking towards Vicky, whose grin now fading. "What do you mean?" The red-haired girl questions, a bit uneasy.

"I mean, since these boys came.. things have changed."

"I don't see much difference," Bea shrugs, joining in the conversation. Thèrèse and Vicky look over to Bea, having their full attention. "Everything's always changed, right?" Bea said, her eyes flickering between Thèrèse and Vicky, awaiting her friends response.

Vicky nods, releasing a stress sigh.

"Just say lol and move on." Bea said, now shrugging. The whole energy of atmosphere changed. Even though, Bea's joking with her humorous spirit, she's not wrong. You have to keep going for things to be changed.

Vicky only stared, before looking away, her mind agreeing.

Thèrèse on the other hand, "But what if you're stuck? What if you stayed there.. and you just can't move on? What if.. you really waited for that person.. always and all the time. But, they never came back?"

Her eyes are beginning to get teary, her mind instantly going back to her mother. Scarlett Marjorie. It's ironic that Thèrèse' middle name is Scarlet.

Bea didn't know what to say, she only shrug a shoulder, her gaze moving downwards. "I don't know. I really don't know. I mean, you don't have to forgive and forget to do that." Bea don't know what else to say so she rely it on Vicky.

Vicky placed her soft hand on Thèrèse' small back, stroking it comfortingly. "We loved your mother. She's inspiring. She will never be forgotten." She said, with a hint of soft smile.

Bea smiles, nodding as she comforts Thèrèse as well. "Yeah, your mother is a great woman and a respectful one. You got that from her. You are so much more." Bea said, in a soothing voice.

Thèrèse breaths relaxing, her heart aches with guilts. Her true friends.

Bea raised a thumb, wiping the tear that was rolling down Thèrèse' cheeks. "Hey," Bea said, pausing to expect a reaction from Vicky and Thèrèse.

Thèrèse and Vicky looks at her in respond, wanting to know her next words. "Don't be sad. Why are you crying when you can be laughing?" Bea paused to laughs at her own joke. Then she clears her throat, "What I'm saying is.. I missed the old times. I really do. I missed you guys."

Thèrèse immediately chuckles softly in embarrassment. Vicky scoffs, smiling. "Of course, we do too. I mean, asides from getting our memories taken." Vicky shrugs, smiling. "And yeah, I miss you too." She whispered quietly.

Bea's never mentioned anything about her eyes, and why she always hid it but she likes to keep it that way.

"Well, I like to keep it just the four of us." Thèrèse said, beaming as she walks in-between Bea and Vicky.

Vicky stared at Thèrèse, "Whatever do you mean?"

Thèrèse looks back, "I'm just saying, I want the four of us only. No other boys or girls. Just the four of us. Like the old times."

Vicky nods, her eyes staying on Bea as they walked in silence. "Yeah.." Vicky mumbled. The truth is, Vicky always felt like the second choice when it comes to friendship. Nancy is always there for her, and also the girls but, with Thomas now in presence... Vicky's afraid that Nancy will replace her with him.

"What about we talked about fun things?" Bea began, the three of them now walking with a different mood to carry on.

"Right.." Vicky respond to keep the conversation going.

"Do you know there's only one koala in the world?" Bea said in excitement.

"Where did you get this info?" Thèrèse asked.

"I made it up." Bea shrugs playfully with a deadpan tone.

Vicky sighs, "Low-key craving pasta."

"Low-key craving happiness." Thèrèse replied at that as they now walked in silence.

(Random fact of the day:
• Bea has a heterochromia eyes. and she used to cover it. she covered the dark blue one so people can only see her brown's.
• And their group called 'The Girls of The Wild' by fandom.