LIII: a disagreement

Start from the beginning

"I'll let you know, Sora," I smile at her and Jin, "I gotta head back soon. How much for everything?"

"On the house," Sora responds, shaking her head, "You've done well, Yoongi."

"Oh she's getting sappy again," Jin whines.

"Shush, Jin," Sora swats at her husband, "We've experienced your struggles as a single dad, Yoongi. Ever since YN came into yours and Chunhei's life, it's like you've done a complete 180. You seem happier, less stressed. I'm just glad you've got someone on your side to take care of you and Chunhei."

"Thank you, Sora," I answer, "I love YN and I'm glad she's here with us. You also have done a lot to make sure she feels welcomed and comfortable. It wasn't just me."

"Yah! I helped too!" Jin interrupts, feeling left out.

I laugh and reassure him that he definitely did, "You all did. I can't thank you all enough. I gotta get back to my girls, though. Thank you for breakfast, Sora! I'm sure Chunnie and YN will love them."

I wave to the couple before heading out and back to my girls.

On the way home, I think about how life has changed so much over the past few months. Since welcoming YN into our family, I've never felt lighter. Being a single-dad has always been a challenge. Although Chunhei is an absolute angel, we've had our fair share of bad days where I just wanted to throw in the towel. I've struggled with balancing work and Chunhei and there were many moments where I felt like an inadequate father. With YN by my side, I haven't felt that way since.

I've worked hard to become a respected producer and I no longer feel the need to overcompensate to prove my talents. That's the reason why I've been able to spend more time with Chunhei and YN. With the addition of my new responsibilities, I just hope that it doesn't take too much of my life and I can continue to be a good father and boyfriend.

I shake those thoughts out of my head as I make my way back to our apartment.

YN's pov

"Daddy?" Chunhei gasps as she hears the keys unlocking the front door.

"Go and see, pretty girl," I laugh, helping her get off the couch.

Chunhei runs over to the door as soon as it opens and crashes right into Yoongi, who stumbles back before smiling at his girl.

"Good morning, lovey," He flashes her his gummy smile, "Is mummy up?"

"Yes! We were cuddling on the couch!"

Yoongi places a box and his keys on the kitchen counter before walking over the couch.

"Hi, baby," he smiles down at me on the couch while placing a kiss on my lips, "Sleep okay?"

"Like a baby," I reassure him, "How's Sora?"

"She's good. Jin was there too. They wouldn't let me in until I had made up with you. I swear they love you more than they love me now," Yoongi pouts, leading the way to the kitchen where Chunhei was waiting patiently.

"Here you go, pretty," Yoongi takes out a croissant from the box, "Your favorite chocolate croissant from Auntie Sora."

Chunhei happily munches on her breakfast while I get her a glass of milk.

"Mummy? Daddy?" Chunhei calls out after a few minutes.

Yoongi and I hum in response.

"You guys aren't fighting anymore, right?"

"No, kitten," Yoongi immediately answers, taking a seat across her, "We're sorry you had to see us like that yesterday. Mummy and daddy weren't really fighting. We just had a disagreement."

"What's that?"

Yoongi pauses, thinking of a way to explain what a disagreement is to his six-year-old

"Sometimes, two people who love each other will disagree," I jump in, taking a seat next to Yoongi, "Remember that one time you and Noah both wanted to play a game but you wanted to play tag while Noah wanted to play hide and seek?"

"Mhmm."

"And you both got really mad because you didn't know what to do? Well, honey, that's sorta what mummy and daddy had yesterday," I watch as Chunhei nods along, "But just like you and Noah, we talked it over and found a solution to our disagreement. Just like you and Noah when you decided to play both games instead of just 1."

"Oooh! I get it, mummy," Chunhei smiles up at the both of us, "So you and daddy still love each other, right?"

"We never stopped, Chunnie," Yoongi answers this time, "And we love you, too."

*not proofread

*not proofread

a/n: I've been having the greatest time reading all your comments and my heart feels so full knowing that you're all still interested in reading Mummy 😭 with that being said, I do want to establish a set update schedule in the coming weeks, but to make up for the literal years I left the story hanging, I'm gonna try and release as many chapters this week before settling into a more suitable schedule. as for right now, I'm looking at updating every Saturday and Sunday so I can write throughout the week in between my classes. I do also want to spend some time editing and proofreading the previous chapters (especially that part about Tae's Gucci hoodie lololol)

I began writing this story three years ago and I've definitely changed as a writer, so I'd like to go back and edit some things to better suit my current writing style. I'm not looking at making any drastic plot changes, so don't fret! I'll mostly do some surface editing like grammar or word changes and leave the plot in tact.

this was a longer a/n than usual, but again, I'm so happy to be back and I can't wait to write for y'all again!

question of the day: songs you've been obsessed with recently?

my answer: I've been obsessed with SZA's SOS album and Fifty Fifty's Cupid!