The devil within him snarled and Shivoham lost it.

Putting more pressure on her throat he was going to kill her. He was already a murderer killing one more life will not affect a sinner like him.

Even if the life belongs to his lover.

Chandni's legs stopped thrashing, her hands laid limp on the side, her beautiful honey brown eyes to which he had fallen in love at first sight popped out in a ugly way.

His sweet rose, his Chandni, his very first and last love was counting her very last breath when an old memory echoed inside him.

Rimjhim gire sawan sulag sulag jaaye mann bheege aaj is mausam mein lagi kaisi yeh agan..

The rain falls pitter patter and enkindles my heart. In this wet weather what is the fire that rages in me…

She was standing by the window, touching the cold drops of pearl like rain water in her warm palm.

Shivoham was staring at her, in a red saree she was looking like a goddess. Her long brown hair was wrapped in a loose bun, sitting lightly on the base of her neck.

She was smiling and Shivoham was bewitched by her smile.

“You sing?” his hazel eyes lightened up hearing her singing so sweetly and he asked. He felt like nature had mixed honey in every drop of her voice.

Chandni flinched, instantly taking her hand in from the outside. She did not know someone else was also in this room.

Wiping her wet hand in her saree she nodded slightly not waving her gaze from the rain outside. The rain was getting harsh, Chandni wanted to close the window but in his presence not a single muscle of her body moved.

“You like singing Kishore Kumar's song,” he asked again, itching to get another reaction from her.

A sudden smile curled in the corner of her lips and turning around she looked at him and said with a childlike excitement,“I love singing Kishore Kumar's song Shivoham..he is my and Papa's favourite.”

One look and she took Shivoham's breath away. It was the first time she has taken his name without any hate, anger or fear.

It was the first knock of love that he felt in his heart.

The same smiling face of hers resurfaced in his mind and Shivoham came back from that dark world.

Before she could die he left her.

He first looked at his hands with hatred and then at her lifeless body.

She was dull.

She died.

“Chandni,” holding her in his arms, he called her with love. She was not opening her eyes.

“Chandni. Chandni,” he was screaming her name in the need of hearing her voice, in the need of seeing those honey brown orbs, however her eyes were closed.

It looks like she was finally free.

“No chandni no you can't leave me like this. You have to wake up. You have to wake up for me,” Shivoham said again and again. The fear in his face was visible. The man so strong and arrogant was shivering in fear, fear of losing her.

He can't lose her.

She was and she is his last hope, his love.

No matter how much he tries to hate her for choosing some other man over him but his love always overpowers all his hate.