the otherside

shout out to @pookiedragonfire own MHA x WMMAP fanfic, I wouldn't get this kind of idea if it weren't for their stories :3

( •_•)>⌐■-■        (⌐■_■)

Where was he? He looked around and he was back in his classroom? Weird. He was sure that he was wearing one of the imperial clothing back in Obelia, how come he's wearing the UA uniform.

"Hello!? Kacchan!? Shoto!?" He called out in the empty hallway of the school. No one answered his call, and he realized that the school was completely deserted. It was like a ghost town. He walked around, trying to find anyone, but there was no one there. The place looked abandoned and lifeless.

Suddenly, he heard a faint voice calling his name. He turned around and saw a figure in the distance. As he got closer, he saw that it was his Mother, Athanasia de Alger Obelia.

"Mother!" He jumped into her arms, she caught him with no effort.

"What are you doing here?" They asked each other at the same time, one was bewilderment and the other was worry.

"I don't know, I just woke up and found myself here," he replied, confused.

Athanasia looked around and sighed. "This is not where you're supposed to be, my dear. You're not meant to be in this world."

"What do you mean?" he asked, his eyes widening in surprise.

"You were never meant to come here, to this side. You were supposed to stay in Obelia, to rule as the next emperor, or be the greatest hero the world has ever seen." she explained, her voice filled with regret and worry, "It is too early for you to be here,"

"But how did I end up here?" he asked, feeling a knot forming in his stomach.

"I'm not sure, my dear. But I fear that the sword you were impaled with has something to do with this," she said, her eyes filled with concern.

"What should I do now?" he asked, feeling lost, "Everyone is probably worried,"

"You must find your way back to the otherside. Everyone is waiting for you to wake up," she said, placing a gentle hand on his cheek.

"But how?" he asked, feeling overwhelmed.

"You must find the key. The key that will be your guide and way to go back to the world of the living. It's hidden somewhere in this world, and you must find it before it's too late," she said, her voice filled with urgency, "I will be with you, but promise me you won't meet me here until you are above 80 years old!"

"Of course, Mother. I won't let you down," he said, determination filling his heart.

Athanasia smiled at him, her eyes filled with pride. "I know you will, my dear. Now, off we go."

With that, she held out her hand for him to take, he looked at her delicate hand and grinned, he hold it as they walked down the deserted hallway.

As they walked, Athanasia told him more about the key he was searching for. "The key will take you to the portal that connects this world to the world of the living. It's hidden somewhere in this world, but it's not easy to find. You'll need to use your wits and your powers to uncover its location."

"Got it, I'll do whatever it takes to find it," he said, feeling more determined than ever.

They walked for what felt like hours, searching for any clues or hints that might lead them to the key. Finally, they came across an old, abandoned building. The walls were covered in vines and the windows were boarded up.

"This is it," Athanasia said, looking at him with a serious expression, "This is where the key is hidden."

He nodded and took a deep breath. He was ready for whatever lay ahead. Together, they entered the building, the only sound coming from their footsteps as they walked through the dark and dusty interior.

After what seemed like an eternity, they came to a small room at the end of a long hallway. In the center of the room was a pedestal, on top of which sat a small, silver key.

"That's it!" he exclaimed, rushing forward to grab it.

As he reached for the key, but stopped and looked back to his mother. She was smiling sadly at him.

"Mother..." He called out for her.

"I'll be waiting for you and everyone else here in the land of the dead," She told him as she went closer and hugged him tight, "You have grown so well, my hope. I love you so much, do remember that,"

"I love you too, Mother," She gave him a kiss on his cheek as she let go of him. He stay planted on that spot, he didn't want to leave his mother, but there are people waiting for him.

"Go on," She encouraged him, "Tell Inko-san my thanks once more, alright?"

"I hope you find peace while you are waiting for us, Mother," He told her. She grinned at him and gave him one last hug as he turned back to the key and took a hold of it, he felt a sudden jolt of energy shoot through his body. He heard a loud cracking sound, and the world around him began to spin. He felt himself being pulled back through a tunnel of light, and then everything went black.

When he woke up, he was back in his own body, lying in a hospital bed. The first thing he saw was the worried faces of his friends and family, staring down at him with concern.

"Izuku~!" His mom cried and immediately hugged him gently as she cried.

"Welcome back, Elpidius," His grandfather, Claude, said, smiling down at him.

He smiled weakly back, feeling a deep sense of relief. He had made it back to the otherside. He had found the key and unlocked the portal back to the world of the living. Everyone was fussing over him, he couldn't help but to smile at them.

"How long was I out?" He asked them. They went quiet and looked at each other. He was worried, how long has he been unconscious, "Well?"

"You have been asleep for 43 days," Aizawa-sensei told him.

"EH!?" He has spent more than a month with his mother!?

"What about Jennette? Did you capture her?" He asked his grandfather.

He shook his head and Izuku could already feel the self-loathing in him, "No, the wench fled before we could do something. Just like we had suspected, she was a human chimera, she was made from black magic hence why she's crazy right now,"

Sir Robane was nodding in agreement, "We have arrest out for her already, with reward so it would be easy to get a spot of her,"

"So what happens now?" He asked them.

"For now, we need you to recover from that attack," Claude said, "Let us handle everything else, your teacher will help as well,"

He nodded, "Alright,"