Chapter 64: Secret Realm

Start from the beginning

Chu Ji Xuan was slightly embarrassed. The ancestral records had recorded that his ancestor was the third brother of Great-Grandfather. After Great-Grandfather left with the transcendent, his ancestor had been adopted under the name of Great-Grandfather. Then something occurred, and his ancestor became the emperor, the throne passing down until his generation.

“Great-Grandfather, I… I am your descendant.” Chu Ji Xuan had already guessed why his ancestor was adopted under the name of his great-grandfather. Facing the actual person, he lowered his head in shame.

“I left the imperial palace before I was ten—how could I have any descendants?” Huan Zhong’s indifferent eyes turned slightly. “Change it. In the future, call me Great Grand Uncle or Spirit Master.”

As expected, Great-Grandfather would not recognize their line. Chu Ji Xuan was slightly dejected, but because he had expected it, he did not lose his composure. “This junior will remember.”

“In the past, your ancestor and I did not have good relations. I broke my blood ties long ago, the past is nothing, and there is no need to mention it again.” Huan Zhong’s tone was cool. When he mentioned the Chu Family, he did not have any emotion or feeling.

“Yes…” Chu Ji Xuan knelt on the cushion and bowed to Huan Zhong.

Huan Zhong glanced at him and then closed his eyes, leaning back on the cushions silently.

The carriage became silent again. Kong Hou turned her head and found Huan Zhong lying down. She put down the curtain and took out a thin blanket from her storage ring to put over Huan Zhong. Then she closed her eyes and meditated.

Looking at the pair who had their eyes closed, Chu Ji Xuan felt slightly curious. Great-Grandfather… Great Grand Uncle, what was his relationship with Celestial Kong Hou? Why did Great Grand Uncle not let him mention “never separate in love”, yet looked at Celestial Kong Hou with such warm eyes?

From yesterday to today, he found that Great Grand Uncle looked at everyone with the same gaze, distant and cold. He was only different when he was together with Celestial Kong Hou. At that time, his gaze was filled with warmth.

The light outside the carriage sneaked into the carriage through the window curtains and landed on Kong Hou’s dress. She was so bright she seemed to be glowing.

Huan Zhong opened his eyes and grabbed the thin blanket on top of him. He stared at the young girl under the sunlight, his eyes also becoming bright.

They travelled east. Kong Hou and the others reached the small city where Five Flavors Manor was located near sunset.

Wisps of smoke rose among the woods. The two guards at the city gates wore clean but worn armor. Their eyes were bright, shining from their faces. Watching as the carriage drawn by flying horses landed, the two guards became alert.

“Greetings to Transcendent. Where has Transcendent come from?”

“From Pei City. This one has business with Five Flavors Manor’s manor master.” Lin Hu handed the life token to the guard. “Thank you.”

“Transcendent, please come in.” The two guards had never left their homes. Hearing Lin Hu say he came from a famous cultivation city, their eyes were admiring and curious but without any jealousy or anger.

After they passed through the gates, the city was quiet. It was not a disturbing silence, but a kind of serene silence that made people feel at ease, as though the years were peaceful and the business of others was unrelated to them. Based on the usual ways of conduct, they should wait until tomorrow morning before they went to visit Five Flavors Manor. However, they were in a hurry to reach Kui City, so they made their visit at sunset. They hoped that the manor master of Five Flavors Manor would forgive them for their offense on account of the valuable gifts they brought.