Chapter 61: Informant

Start from the beginning

Kong Hou paused slightly while biting into a spirit fruit. She looked at Huan Zhong. Huan Zhong’s face was lowered and expressionless.

“After you left, Master and the shishu all missed you. Even Qing Yuan Shishu asked me several times when you will return.” Cheng Yi had not wanted to call Kong Hou back so early. However, the cultivation world was not peaceful recently and he worried.

“Shixiong, I know this is for my own good, but I do not want to return right now.” Kong Hou put down the spirit fruit. “Please, Shixiong, tell the elders not to worry about me.”

Cheng Yi looked worriedly at Kong Hou. Was Shimei unwilling to return because she had read too many storybooks and suddenly had the desire to save the cultivation world by fighting the evil cultivators? Thinking about those nonsense storybooks, Cheng Yi felt that Shimei would not be so immature but also worried she was affected by the storybooks.

Under the premise of not harming the sect, the elders of Splendid Cloud Sect did not like to make things difficult for their juniors. Hearing Kong Hou’s refusal, while Cheng Yi was still puzzled and worried, he did not insist on her return. He sighed and said, “It is all right if you do not want to return right now. But you have to pay attention to your safety. Do not be impulsive if you encounter bad people. Make sure if they have helpers or not, if you can win or not, before you attack.”

“Shixiong, do not worry. I know.”

“Did you finish reading the travel guide?”

Kong Hou continued to nod. “I memorized all of it. I won’t forget a line.”

“There is no use in memorizing; you have to combine learning with usage.” Cheng Yi took out the seals and talismans in his storage ring. “The elders and peak masters gave them to me before I left. They said if I encounter you in Feng City, I should transfer them to you.”

“So many?” Kong Hou swept everything on the table towards her storage ring as she asked about how the shishu were doing.

“They are all good. But Qing Yuan Shishu and Master still argue. Before I left, they sparred and destroyed several talismans of Five Elements Hall. Heng Yan Shibo was angry and fined Shishu and Master several decades of their allowance.” Cheng Yi knew that his master was very poor, and how bad his affinity with wealth was. Previously, due to Zhou Xing’s incident in Harmonious City, Zhou Cang had given Splendid Cloud Sect many things as compensation. Master took the opportunity and paid half of his debts. He finally managed to not be in a state of poverty, but then he caused trouble again. He clearly was fated to a life without wealth.

“Master and Qing Yuan Shishu have fought so many years—they haven’t stopped yet?” Kong Hou muttered. When she remembered Huan Zhong was present, in order to leave her elders some face, she did not continue.

Cheng Yi coughed. Looking at how casual Shimei was in front of Huan Zhong, he could see the two had a good friendship. He turned to look at Huan Zhong. As expected, the other had his usual expression, as though he had not heard a thing. In fact, ever since he first saw Huan Zhong, he never saw the other change expression.

“I have already checked with the pavilion master of Auspicious Pavilion. We have not yet found where the evil cultivators have infiltrated. Shimei, you came here to ask Auspicious Pavilion to investigate this matter?” Cheng Yi knew Kong Hou’s personality. She would not go find trouble, but she would not watch and stand by as bad things happened.

“Yes.” Kong Hou nodded. “On the way here, I encountered several evil cultivators with malicious intentions. Most of them have ordinary cultivation. They like to instigate conflicts between cultivators.”