Chapter 58: Keeping One's Word

Začít od začátku

Huan Zhong looked at the pill bottle in his hand. He poured out two pills. The pill patterns on the pills were distinct, and were in the shape of lucky clouds. This was an extremely high quality energy returning pill. Less than ten people in the cultivation world could make such a thing. Peak Master Qing Yuan of Splendid Cloud Sect was one of them.

He put the pills into his mouth. Then, Huan Zhong summoned the Dragon Roar sword again.

“Master?” Lin Hu saw Huan Zhong take his sword out again. “What are you doing with your sword?”

“Killing someone.” Huan Zhong returned two short words before he turned into a stream of golden light and disappeared from the golden palace. Lin Hu took two steps and then gave up on stopping Master. He turned to look at the five Auspicious Pavilion disciples and said calmly, “My master usually has a good personality but dislikes people talking about his private matters.”

“Juniors will not say a word of what happened,” the young shidi hurriedly said. “Elder, do not worry.”

Ge Jin covered her shidi‘s mouth and laughed. “Did something just happen? Us juniors have low cultivation and did not see anything.”

Lin Hu did not argue with them. He nodded minutely. “Come with me. I will take you to a place to rest.”

After watching the battle between Spirit Master Huan Zhong and Old Man Wu Ku, the disciples of Auspicious Pavilion had a clearer understanding of Spirit Master Huan Zhong’s cultivation. The powerful Old Man Wu Ku wasn’t able to fight back at all against Spirit Master Huan Zhong. Each of his sword moves was able to shake the earth and upturn the ocean.

In front of a true power, the smartest method was to be docile and silent. Moreover, the aforementioned true power had just told a minor white lie. An expert with a shortcoming was more human. They understood, they really could understand.

In any case… if they did not understand, they would not dare to speak of it.

##

Old Man Wu Ku was heavily wounded but he did not dare to return to the evil cultivators’ world. He also did not dare to appear where there were many cultivators. He disguised himself and rapidly moved east. He prepared to find a remote village to hide in.

The sky was near dark and he did not encounter any cultivators on his way. Old Man Wu Ku sighed in relief. He had managed to preserve his life. He shoved a few pills into his mouth. Wu Ku prepared to land and borrow a residence from the village below. He suddenly heard a dragon’s roar behind him.

He changed expression, hurriedly summoning his lifebond talisman. When he turned around, Huan Zhong was pursuing him as expected. His expression was black. A few hours ago, this demon had ignored him. Why had he come chasing after him again?

This feeling of having hope and then becoming hopeless caused Wu Ku’s mental state to almost destabilize.

“I really had not expected to have the honor of being chased by you.” Wu Ku summoned a soul summoning banner. He said viciously, “While my cultivation cannot compare to yours, since you will not allow me to live, I will fight you to the death.”

Huan Zhong ignored him, only lifting his sword and thrusting. In just twenty moves, Wu Ku was in retreat, several more holes in his body. The Soul Summoning Banner in his hand had been cut in half.

“Ah!” As an evil sage of the evil cultivator world, Wu Ku had not been humiliated like this for a long time. He knew he had no hope left. He threw out the lifebond talisman to block Huan Zhong’s fatal attack. He then hit where his spirit platform was and forced out his mind manifestation.