Chapter 52: Hundred Flowers Ball

ابدأ من البداية

These sects all had relationships with Harmonious Wind Study. Some were known sects, some were ones Kong Hou had never heard of before. However, everyone was polite, and the atmosphere did not turn awkward.

“This is an apprentice of Radiance Sect, Path Friend Xiao Dong.” Hundred Flowers Ball was a subordinate sect of Radiance Sect. When they held the Hundred Flowers Ball on its two hundred year anniversary, Radiance Sect would definitely send someone. This was also why the sect masters of so many sects were present today. Maybe Radiance Sect would select them?

Then everyone watched as this disciple of Radiance Sect who had not spoken much since his arrival stood up and walked in front of the mysterious path friend. He bowed with the bow of a junior. “Disciple Xiao Dong greets Shishu.”

Shi-shishu?

Everyone stilled. No wonder this mysterious path friend had a cold expression and was stoic. So this was a sword cultivator of Radiance Sect. No wonder Path Friend Xiao Dong was so polite. From this, it could be seen the mysterious path friend had a high status in Radiance Sect.

After learning Huan Zhong’s identity, everyone thought back to their previous actions. Had they been perfect?

“Master, this is a disciple of Sword Overlooking Peak.” Lin Hu guessed that Huan Zhong did not remember the faces and names of the numerous juniors in the sect and told him using a sound art. “He is a new disciple from nearly thirty years ago, outstanding in talent, and already has Mind Activation cultivation.”

Huan Zhong raised an eyebrow. Outstanding talent?

He turned to look at Kong Hou and did not agree with Lin Hu’s words. Kong Hou was just sixteen and already had Mind Activation cultivation. How could Xiao Dong’s cultivation speed be called outstanding?

Lin Hu: “…”

Whenever this occurred, he felt that communicating with Master was difficult. A sword cultivator like him who did not know much of the world—he most likely had a great misunderstanding of talent.

Xiao Dong was slightly excited. He had only seen this shishu once before, ten years ago during his apprenticeship ceremony when he became an apprentice of Sword Overlooking Peak. He remembered because this shishu‘s appearance was so outstanding.

After that time, he never saw this shishu ever again. He heard that Shishu was the most talented cultivator in the cultivation world in the past centuries. He had a strong mind, was diligent in cultivating, and was a role model for the disciples of the sect. He had not expected to see the great old man today and at this place.

Facing Huan Zhong’s handsome face, Xiao Dong felt the words “great old man” were not suitable. But the other descriptors were so lacking. He was so excited he could not think of any other descriptors at the moment.

He, who had low cultivation, could not control his emotions well. He had a hard time disguising his excitement. But thinking of the sect’s teachings, he tried his best to stop the corners of his mouth from going up.

“Not bad.” Huan Zhong nodded and praised the junior once for Lin Hu who said he was talented. While it was just two words, the young disciple was overjoyed and didn’t know what to do with his hands and feet.

“This is the disciple of Peak master Wang Tong of Splendid Cloud Sect, Celestial Kong Hou. You can call her Shishu.” Huan Zhong motioned for the disciple to greet Kong Hou. As a junior greeting an elder, he could not slack off on etiquette.

“Junior Xiao Dong greets Kong Hou Shishu.” Xiao Dong peeked at Kong Hou. This beautiful shishu… appeared younger than him.

“No need for such courtesy.” Kong Hou reached out and placed a brocade bag in his hand. “Work on your cultivation, and do not slack off.”