Chapter 48: Yan City

Start from the beginning

Splendid Cloud Sect was generous. But he could not forget this great favor.

Two days later, Splendid Cloud Sect once again received a great volume of gifts from Radiance Sect. This time, the excuse was to congratulate Kong Hou for passing her ordeal. If the disciple was outstanding, sects on good terms would send people with congratulations to the sect. However, Radiance Sect’s gifts were too valuable, so valuable the peak masters of Splendid Cloud Sect suspected that Radiance Sect had so many spirit stones and talismans that they did not have any place to store them. Therefore, they gave all those things bursting out the door to them.

“Do not think too much. Since Sect Master Jin of Radiance Sect personally sent these, then we will receive them.” Heng Yan was not surprised at all at this pile of generous gifts. He had Wu Chuan move all the things into the Treasure Pavilion of the sect.

When Heng Yan left with his disciples, the peak masters looked at each other. The sect master seemed to have guessed something but did not plan to tell them. Had he and Sect Master Jin done some secret spirit stones transaction?

They really had not expected that a person as honest and straightforward as Radiance Sect’s Jin Yue could do something like that. Moreover, look at who he chose to work with—why did they choose Splendid Cloud Sect? This choice was too rash.

Qing Yuan turned and saw Wang Tong sitting there with a grave expression. Qing Yuan said, “What, you have some wisdom?”

“Radiance Sect sent those gifts for my apprentice—should I not be the one to hold them? How could Sect Master Shixiong take them away?” Wang Tong said, full of pain. “Do you think that I should demand them back?”

Qing Yuan: “…”

“Close your mouth.” Why had he said those extra words? He had nothing better to do?

The disciples of Radiance Sect came hurriedly and left hurriedly. The new disciples peeked at their cold and indifferent auras, especially when the white-robed sword cultivator jumped onto his sword. A young shimei sighed softly, “As graceful as a swan, and as flexible as a dragon. So good-looking”

“Could these words… be used to describe men?” Gui Ling couldn’t help asking. “The people from Radiance Sect seem to recently visit our sect frequently?”

“Phrases describing beauty do not have to be separated by gender. I do not discriminate against men.” The young shimei shook her head and sighed. “Pity, the sword cultivators of Radiance Sect are good-looking, but their auras are too cold. I cannot endure it.”

You say that as though if you could endure it, they would fall in love with you. Gui Ling knew if he said what he wanted, he would not attract the attention of his fellow members. He left silently with his sword. Walking in the long white jade corridors, he looked thoughtfully in the direction of the main hall.

The first sect of the cultivation world, Radiance Sect, sent gifts to Splendid Cloud Sect. This was a strange matter, especially coming twice in such a short amount of time. Did Radiance Sect have something to ask of Splendid Cloud Sect?

“Gui Ling, come here. Lunch today has the dishes you like; if you are late, you will only get the sauce.” The plump Gao Jian Yan stood in the distance and waved a hand at him. “Let’s go get seats first.”

Looking at their hurriedly moving figures, Gui Ling started to doubt. Would disciples that grew up in an environment like this be of use in the future? While he felt scorn, Gui Ling did not stop moving as he walked in the direction Gao Jian Yan and the others left in.

From Yi City to Yan City, one had to cross a long and broad river. For cultivators with Base Building cultivation or above, it was easy to cross this river. But ordinary people had to cross the river on boats. The local people parked their ships on the shores and started river-crossing businesses.