Prototype.

Trinity was truly a stunning bride, in a cream gown that made her eyes shine and her skin seem like gold. Her girls, nieces and Toms daughters and niece forming her 15 bridesmaids, all in sleek gold dresses but my bride always seemed to look like a star no matter who she stood beside. Sienna, Summer and Adonis were also in the wedding, as the baby was held by my mom also dressed to impress for the day. It looked like a beautiful union, family and friends spending the day in awe at her mothers dress and the regality of the Jamaican restored mansion they got married in. By the ocean, with a dance floor set up on the beach. An authentic yard sound system, with classified traditional cuisine prepared by Michelin chefs.

There were so many people there, and Lylee was of course a star attracting attention and conversations from everyone and everywhere. Somehow, she was trying to catch the attention of someone who was seemingly avoiding acknowledging her all together. His face was familiar to her the whole ceremony, but a couple of hours later she realised why and had to track him down.
" hi, remember me?" He was looking over the rim of his glasses, rested on his nose bridge now.
" Lylee, Toms superstar stepdaughter?"
" umm... you're the doctor who confirmed it... about, Aub... my husband" his throat was getting dry, as he nodded and she asked him for a moment of his time.
" once again, I'm sorry for your loss... it's not something I can imagine going through"
" was it bad,"
" what? his injuries?
" yeah,"
" we couldn't let you see him like that, it wasn't the worst I've seen but-" he was speaking like he was used to it, cold to the heinous sights he saw.
" but he was disfigured?"
" he is, always going to be your husband... so, try and remember him as that"
" I will, thanks"
" take care of your children, and yourself... he wants that" she nodded, as he returned to sit with an acquaintance and discuss the night. Wondering why he would say that is what I want, wondering why we went from strictly professional opinion sharing to what my fake dead ass would want.

A week later they were at a family dinner in LA, and my wife waited for her mom to leave the table before she quizzed him about one of his many medical associates.
" so you're friend, the doctor... Doctor Dorien"
" oh... Andrew, was he making passes at you!? He's a character"
" no... he's just, he's the doctor that told Sandi and I, when Aubrey..."
" oh, I'm sorry Lylee... if I know I wouldn't of asked him to come to the wedding... I can imagine seeing him again made it feel"
" it was weird, it's like he wasn't saying something" Tom leaned in and lowered his voice, asking me to not think to much, although;
" he was made to resign from his last hospital for investigation and then, he had to go before the board to be reinstated as a practicing doctor"
" what did he kill someone"
" on paper... he helped a criminal gang forge death certificates but when they went to trial they admitted they threatened his family and he was innocent, so... he's a lead trauma surgeon again"
" so he didn't do it"
" I don't think he did, and he's got his licence back,... most who are investigated for things like that never do... he's a little awkward, us nerds are...I think the situation added to that" Tom a sweet person, the husband my mother in law always wanted. The man that accepted her kids and theirs, planned family holidays and made sure he was around for my daughters whenever their Nana was.

She was listening to Outcast, hair up as she got ready the way I loved to watch. Music up loud, a glass of wine next to her beauty bar, as her makeup artist got ready and she went live.
" I'm working on a new film, we'll... it's pretty much done" I wasn't aware of her filming as much, trying to make shit happen from my remote retreat from everything and everyone. In touch with nature and myself, too much so. I wondered what she missed about me, going mad thinking about the things she would be doing with her new man, new husband one day.
" It's called Steppers... directed by Ryan Coogler, should be out next month? Right Tish"
" yeah, the 16th-"
" when am I coming back to Jamaica?... I will be there soon, we have press for the film there and I have an announcement about that coming soon too!"
" tell them about the interview"
" oh, yeah... everyone loved my 30 minute interview with Jason Lee so, I'll be doing a full interview about music, my husband, and all the messy shit you know he's gonna ask!"
" ha! That's funny" Tisha was off camera but added to the conversation every time she was present. A person who helped me make Lylee and I happen, really. She wanted us to work together, and when she knew I was in also in love she wanted it to work. But, like Andre, Tish was protective over Lylee. I liked that, she had people who cared about her if I couldn't be there to protect her, they would.