14

"Well you are," Bruce said, sending nervous chills down my spine, "It's the only way to know if I can trust you."

"But Bruce-" Dick interrupted, only to be silenced with an icy glare as he dropped his head, "Understood."

"While your judgment is usually good, my son," Bruce started, bringing Dick's head up, "The whole family has to learn to trust her. You know where she comes from."

"I'm missing something here," Jason chimed in, glancing between Bruce, Dick, and I, "You three already know each other?"

"It's complicated," Dick and I spoke in unison, not looking at him.

"Well, her file did say she is Joker and Harley's kid," Tim stated, "weren't you listening when we talked about it."

"Right. Because that's when you went on your whole spiel about your sciencey shit," Jason sighed.

"Even more reason to not trust her," Damien spat, "I don't see why we can't keep her in the cave."

"Okay..." I breathed out, looking between the Wayne children, "there's a lot of mixed feelings going around."

"That's an understatement," Dick sighed, before looking at Bruce, "Can I show Nova her room?"

"Fine but make it quick," hee agreed, "We'll continue this later."

"You called us here so why not finish what you started," Damien spoke up, his tone just as icy as his glare.

"I expect you to treat her like any other guest that comes around. That goes for you two specifically, Damien and Jason," Bruce's voice faded as Dick led me out of the living area and back towards the stairs going up.

"I was expecting them to be a little warmer," Dick apologized, "They seemed excited earlier today."

"You sure it wasn't just you?" I wondered, "Tim seemed nice but I can tell they're all nervous about me."

"They just need to get used to having another female that knows our secret, that isn't Barb and Leslie, around. That's it," Dick noted, giving me a friendly side nudge, careful not to aim for my stitches.

I managed a small smile at this and trailed beside Dick as we hit the landing. We sat in a silence that seemed to beginning to get uncomfortable for the both of us so I struck up conversation. Something to break the silence.

"So which brother is which Robin?" I asked.

"Jason is actually Red Hood. Tim is Red Robin and Damien is our most recent Robin," Dick listed off happily, "Bruce may be the bat but he's not too bad at upholding his playboy billionaire life. On top of being a decent father."

"So he is the bat?" I questioned, partially shocked and mostly irritated with myself for not piecing it together myself.

"Was that not obvious?" Dick wondered, "I thought it was considering all of his sons are batkids."

"I may be a little slow in the brain department," I joked, watching as Dick paused in front of a closed door.

"You wanna have the first peek?" Dick asked, giving me a smile as he changed the topic.

"Sure," I answered, pushing past him to grab the door knob and twist it.

The door opened to reveal a decently sized room as I took a few steps in. The bed was soft looking with seemingly plush sheets. I looked around in awe, taking it in. Open blackout curtains billowed softly against the breeze creeping in from the open window. A chest of drawers sat nearby an open, empty closet. The sky outside was losing its light and I turned to Dick who was leaning against the doorframe, watching me with amusement.

"Am I being awkward? I feel like I'm being awkward," I laughed nervously.

"No, you're not being awkward," Dick told me, picking himself up.

"I'm being awkward," I analyzed, sighing deeply as I laughed nervously once more, dipping my head.

"Just a little bit," Dick agreed, giving me a small shrug as a teasing smirk appeared on his face, "But I understand what you're feeling."

"Right," I acknowledged, feeling a small bit of relieved comfort fill me.