3

I did manage to take a cat nap after Nightwing left but upon waking, I pushed myself to get up. I needed to get out of here and get back to the gang. They needed to be sure I was alive. That I didn't fall victim to blockbuster's cruelty.

Pushing myself up, I managed to get myself off the bed and moving around. My legs were sore and there was an ache in my core with every move I made, but I could move. I looked towards the door Nightwing exited out of and then observed the window trying to figure my best escape route. I then looked down to see my bandaged torso and opted for the door. I didn't want to reopen my wound on the way out and I could always catch cab back to Gotham. Nightwing did promise to let me go if I gave him information. I may have held back a bit but I gave what I felt be needed to know and I was going to make my way out. I have places to be and people to take down.

Inching towards the door, I was listening for any sort of sound that would give away mid or Nightwing's place in the apartment. I didn't hear much of anything so I opened the door, thankful it wasn't creaky like the doors at home, and crept out the room. It was relatively easy, creeping around the apartment but I stopped dead as I entered the small living room in my search for the exit. Nightwing was on the couch, just sitting there with a smirk on his face as he gazed at my frozen figure, eyebrows raised in mock surprise and a hand resting on a small, lumpy, gray pillow. A pillow that started growling and kept off the couch to stand just in front of the hero and bark like mad

It took a moment for me process that the pillow, wasn't a pillow at all, but a puppy. I blinked a few times at it and then looked at Nightwing, confused but feeling a slight admiration at the mere fact he even had a dog to begin with. Though I didn't speak it aloud, I was sure the question was written on my features.

"Hey there," he greeted with a teasing note, "Figured that was you. Hope Bitewing didn't scare you too bad."

"Bitewing?" I questioned with an amused chuckle as I glanced back down at the yapping pup, "She's quite the sidekick."

"I can agree with that," Nightwing agree, giving me a kind smile as he called Bitewing off and she settled by his ankles, "Care to explain why you're sneaking around?"

"I wanted to leave," I admitted with a frown, "but it looks like I'm not going to be able to anymore."

"Nope," he stated with amusement and no hesitation whatsoever.

I found my frown deepening and I leaned up against the wall beside me, feeling my side ache as I held myself up. Nightwing watched me carefully, probably looking to see if I registered my pain. I felt I was doing a good job at ignoring it, considering I've been through worse injuries that left me broken for a while. I held back a smile at that thought before focusing back on the situation at hand.

I observed how relaxed Nightwing looked with one leg crossed over the other and his arms crossed over his chest. His escrima sticks were on the cushion beside him and despite all that, I refused to believe his guard was down. I crossed my arms and sighed deeply.

"You're a pain," I commented, "I was hoping to prevent my gang from doing something stupid again."

"I doubt they would be stupid enough to try to go after Blockbuster," he replied; I noted the doubt in his tone.

"I'm surprised you, of all people, would say that," I mused, "There are plenty of rowdy guys there who would do something stupid because they've done stupid things before. Even when my father was around."

"Alright, you're right. I'll admit that," Nightwing agreed, holding up his hands in mock defeat, "You got some idiots in your rank."

"Not idiots. Just reckless and a little slow," I countered partially offended yet mostly amused at his accusation.