2

"My business huh? So you did watch while I had the shit beat out of me," I sighed and felt a twinge in my side, "and I take you prevented the killing shot?"

"You still have to answer my question, but yes," Nightwing answered, crossing his arms, but not appearing to be too expectant of an honest answer.

"What does it matter if I answer anyway 'cause I'm still winding up behind bars for even being associated with him," I exclaimed with a huff, making my ribs and side ache.

"That depends on your answer and how well you help me," he told me in a way I guess was meant to be reassuring, "I can keep you out if you help me get him in."

"You say that," I muttered, averting my eyes and feeling my good mood falter, "But how can I be sure you'll keep your word?"

Looking anywhere, but him, I took notice of the only window in the room. Light was gaining outside and I cursed inwardly. I've been out for a while and I probably won't be back out there for a while.

"Just know you have it," Nightwing assured after a moment of consideration.

There was no hint of hesitation or anything in his body language that told me to not believe him. So I trusted his word. I gave him a nod to signal my understanding and willingness to comply. Blockbuster had it coming to begin with. And I was looking for a way out after tonight. I moved my gaze back to Nightwing's and took a breath.

"My business with him was simple. He was funding my... Business and the supplies stopped coming and I was looking for answers," I explained to the best of my ability, "We didn't come to an agreement and here I am now. Saved by the bird in blue."

I ended my joke with a light chuckle only to hiss at the twinge in my side. Nightwing didn't seem to find my explanation as amusing. His posture tensed and his lips became a thin line of displeasure. I found my smile wavering before it fell and it became a sad frown. I shifted uncomfortably, grunting in the effort of getting myself comfortable without feeling the constant twinge and ache of my injuries.

"What kind of business?" Nightwing asked, a certain tone in his words that suggested a newfound need for answers that didn't ask for jokes.

"The kind that provided me men and guns," I answered stiffly, "My gang's numbers have been decreasing since my father was killed and I refuse to let dear old dad's efforts go wasted."

I had my own venom on the 'dear old dad' part. He wasn't dear and he was as far from a father figure as one could get, but he was my father nonetheless. Nightwing only seemed to tense up more at my answer so I decided to try to lighten the mood.

"You got to ask two questions now," I said, holding up two fingers for reference, "Do I get to ask a question now?"

"Fine," he answered, not pulling his eyes from mine.

I gave him a grin and saw this as a good opportunity to push just a tad further into my questions. It didn't get past me, however, that I saw a faint intake of breath at my grin. I didn't understand it but I could guess why.

"Why did you save me right before I was shot?," I questioned, "Clearly, you saw the shit get beat out of me so why wait?"

"I was assessing the full extent of the situation," Nightwing said, "I wanted to understand what was going on and why. Who you were to him and what caused his outburst."

"Well now you know what was going on and why," I noted, "As for his outburst, I think we all know that Blockbuster isn't the most reasonable type."

"Should've thought of that before you went into business with him," Nightwing told me with a raised brow, "Would've kept you out of trouble."

"Yeah, well, daddy didn't leave me with a whole lot to go off of, so I had to start somewhere," I mirthed, "I didn't have a choice."

"And Blockbuster is only going to keep coming for you, you know that right?" Nightwing wondered.

"Of course I do. I'm poor, not dumb," I scoffed, "Maybe you should've just left me to die. At least then, I would be burning with my family in Hell."

"You're related to Harley Quinn, aren't you?" Nightwing realized his arms falling slack as he shifted his standing position.

"You already got your question, Bird boy," I stated, feeling a slight annoyance at the question hence why I ignored his change of topic, "My turn."

Nightwing's lip twitch in representation of his growing frustration but I found myself not caring. I honestly couldn't help but smile and breath a small laugh, even if it caused me pain. Whether or not I was Harley's spawn, he had no right speaking her name after the pain he caused her. No matter how much I hated Joker, I will never forget the sadness my mother had at her lover's death. The sadness that took her.

"Even if I was related to her," I started with malice, "it would be difficult to prove seeing as she's been dead."

"I... didn't know she had kids," Nightwing admitted nervously, while still holding a little defense in his stance, "You look like her a little bit."

"A kid. Just me," I corrected, "But we both knew I wouldn't live up to my father, but I found there was no shame in trying. Though, the gang probably thinks I'm dead seeing as I didn't get back when I said."

"It's always a possibility," Nightwing agreed, "However, we're straying from the matter at hand and that's Blockbuster."

"Right. My turn to ask the question, right?" I wondered rhetorically, "Why do you want my help taking him down?"

"Because I need more help than I realized. And you're the closest lead I've got to taking him down right now," he admitted; with reluctance I noted.

"I see," I responded, "I find it funny how you think I can be helpful."

"You promised to give me information for your release," Nightwing reminded with a hint of annoyance.

"Right..." I trailed off, "Well, I told you my business with him. I don't know what else you need. I most likely know less than you do. I only know as much as what went down between us and us alone."

"I figured as much," Nightwing sighed, "Look, it's been a long night and I'm sure you want to rest as much as I do."

"Does this mean I get to see your face?" I asked, "You get to see mine."

"It doesn't work like that," Nightwing retorted, the corners of his mouth twitching at my confident request.

"Fine, but don't expect me to stick around," I said, "I have priorities to uphold and things deal with. You should know where to find me though."