None of this is fine

Bianca's POV

I wake up in some serious pain. The table we slept on was painful to say the least. I have never felt like I needed a massage more in my entire life. I would guarantee Im not the only one in pain though. The groan JJ makes as he tries to stretch out behind me confirms my theory. We both roll off the table, trying to stand up and stretch our muscles and crack our backs and do literally anything that will make us feel better.

JJ makes his way over to the edge of the deck, fixing his hat onto his head. I sit there for a solid minute just trying to bring myself to life without letting out a pained groan everytime I move something. 10/10 would not recommend sleeping on dining tables.

Pope joins JJ at the window and they talk about whether they think John B got caught last night. You can see the worry written all over both of their faces.

"They wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him," Pope concludes, and he's probably right.

"You know, we were in that car. They're probably looking for us too," Kiara points out, and she's also probably right.

Brilliant, just brilliant. Now we're all fugitives? Love that for us.

"Well if we're gonna be outlaws, might as well help John B," Pope says, and I have to say, I'm loving this more reckless side of Pope. I'm worried about him, but I'm very much enjoying his company.

"So, find him before they do?" JJ asks.

"I'm gonna go get gas for the boat," Pope says, grabbing the keys to JJ's bike which we had collected from the shed last night for this exact purpose.

"You be careful, okay?" Kie tells him right as he reaches the door.

JJ and I immediately shoot each other a surprised glance and I debate teasing her like we did John B when he said that to Sarah, and also John B when Kie said that to him. Wow, that's our group's favourite phrase apparently. Also, we seem to be homie-hopping a little bit. Well, the rest of them do. The idea of teasing her is shut down when I remember that this is Kiara and she would probably get pissy if we did. Really pissy.

"Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late," Pope tells JJ before walking out the door. Not a word to Kiara. Weird.

Apparently, I'm not the only one that thinks so because the three of us look amongst one another, unsure what to say or do. Kiara looks slightly guilty but then her expression shifts to pissed off (I know that one well) and she gets up and storms out the door after him.

"Okay, what is your problem?" I hear her demand.

Part of me wants to grab JJ and keep him inside, give the pair some privacy while they have their little quarrel. But... the other part of me is nosy as hell so JJ and I follow after them, standing at the top of the stairs and watching it.

Pope gets on the bike and turns it on, "no problem officer, just doing my job," he says condescendingly.

Kiara says something, but Pope revs the bike as she does.

"Sorry, what was that?" He asks before revving it over the top of her talking again, "I can't hear you!"

She must have really pissed him off. Though, I feel like this has been building up for a few days. But again, I am loving this sassy version of Pope and the revving? Genius. Evil, but genius. I can't stop the cruel laugh that escapes my lips. JJ looks at me, clearly amused that I find this funny. No way he's not dying on the inside right now.

As Kiara appears to be mid-way through a sentence, Pope absolutely sends it, chucking a wheelie and driving away, spraying her with dust as he does. I quickly wack JJ, pushing him back inside as quietly as I can. I'm not in the mood for Kiara's temper tantrum to be aimed at us today.