Perfect little virgin

"What the hell is this?" My father demands.

"Dad," I say, "it's not what it looks like."

JJ and I are both sitting up, looking at my father. The fact that JJ is shirtless beside me is probably not going to help our case. My father raises his eyebrows at me and crosses his arm. He towers over us in a demeaning way. I gulp as he assesses JJ. I'm not nearly as worried about him being mad at me as I am worried about the sweet boy beside me making it out of the house alive. I grab his hand under the covers and squeeze it gently, while I think of what the hell I'm going to say to my father.

"I think, perhaps, young man, you should remove yourself from my daughter's bed and get dressed," my father says.

JJ nods and leaps out of the bed, lunging for his bag to get his clothes from last night. I cringe at the idea.

"As for you, young lady," Dad continues, "you have some explaining to do. I'll meet you both downstairs in no more than ten minutes."

I nod vigorously and he leaves. I run to the door and close it quietly, then I go to JJ and slap his clothes out of his hand.

"Not a chance," I say, "wait here."

I slip on a pair of denim shorts and walk into the bathroom, leaving JJ confused behind me. I knock on Zac's door and let myself in after a few seconds.

"I need to borrow some clothes," I explain, going into his wardrobe.

"What?"

"JJ stayed here after the party last night. Dad just caught him in my bed," I say.

"Oh shit," Zac says, coming to help me find an outfit that won't make my Dad hate JJ.

"That was some crazy shit last night," Zac says, "pulling the gun on Topper like that."

"Your friend was trying to drown John B," I point out.

"I never said it wasn't deserved," Zac shrugs, "but, are you sure you're safe with him, B?"

I smile at my brother, "I am. He would never hurt me."

"Well if we don't find him something to wear and get both your asses down to Dad he might never get the chance," Zac states, handing me a grey shirt.

I nod, "fair point. Listen, don't tell Mum or Dad about what happened, ok?"

"You think I'm gonna tell them the first people we made friends with on this island nearly committed murders last night? I'd be in just as much trouble as you. Well, I'm not sleeping with Topper, so maybe a little less," Zac jokes.

"I'm not sleeping with JJ," I say quietly.

Zac looks at me, slightly surprised, "you just earned your boyfriend some serious brownie points," he says.

He hands me a pair of plain blue shorts, "that'll have to do. Tell the poor boy good luck for me. I'll go down and see if there's anything I can do to help you out."

"Thankyou," I say, quickly making my way back to my room.

"Put these on," I say to JJ, "Mum may not care what you wear but right now, every little thing matters with Dad."

He takes the clothes and immediately starts getting dressed.

"On a scale of 1 to 10 how screwed am I?" he asks as I go into my wardrobe and get dressed.

"10 being the worst?" I say, "I'm gonna go with a solid 15."

"Fantastic," he grins, "hope you're prepared to sneak out and secretly date a pogue. I respect your parents, but nothing is going to keep me away from you, princess."