𝟹𝟾 - ᴡʜᴏ ɪs sʜᴇ?

Start from the beginning

"Do you know who Mari is?" I ask. A gut feeling inside of me is telling me that he knows who this person might be.

Mingyu looks at this time, tilts his head and frowns. 

"Do you know who Mari is?" Mingyu asked with a hint of question in his voice. 

If I was hoping to get answers out of Mingyu, then I know not to get my hopes to high. He is far too clever and smart to not really reveal anything and yet answer all of my questions and tell me the most minimal information ever. He is studying on a full scholarship after all. 

"I've only heard of her name. I've been hoping you would tell me who she is," I spoke honestly. 

"I know who she is. I've seen her a few times at his place when we were younger. But I don't know anything about her," Mingyu said, "I'm being honest. I have heard a few things but I really don't know how much of is true and how much is gossip."

Looking at me once again, he continued, "I don't think me telling you anything will come out to be any good. Trust me, I don't know anything concrete. Besides, it really isn't my place."

"Your place to tell me what?" I pushed him a bit more. 

Mingyu sighed, as if deeply contemplating something within him and twisting the pen in his fingers continuously. "I don't know. You should probably ask your boyfriend. He's the only one who will tell you the whole truth," Mingyu said, 

That is more than enough hint for me to understand that I am not going to get anything more out of Mingyu than what he has said. Or that he really does not know anything as he claims. Either way, I still haven't managed to find out more about who this Mari person is or what her relation with Seungcheol really is. 

This is starting to drive me crazy now. I never had imagined me to type of girlfriend to obsess over ex's but I can't even seem to get this person out of my face all day long that I am even dreaming about her now. The way everyone shuts down when she is mentioned, the way she is only talked about in secret. 

Who is she? 

~ ・~ ・~

"This girl is like a ghost. She has no instagram, no facebook, no twitter and no tiktok," Soyeon murmured, "The only thing we have left to check is the OnlyFans site and maybe some p**n sites."

I make a disgusted face and nudge Soyeon from the side. 

"What? She could be an adult content star for all we know," Soyeon said. 

Soyeon and I are currently lying on her bed, stomach down and surfing the internet. I have pretty much told Soyeon everything at this point, from Miyeon to mine and Seungcheol's first fight, to Seungcheol and Miyeon arguing in the streets, Miyeon kind of avoiding me a bit from then, overhearing what I heard from Eunsoo and then how Mingyu responded. Minus Mingyu's family background, of course. 

I knew that Soyeon would not tell anyone, she may seem mean but she knows how to keep a secret, but then I decided against it. Mingyu clearly trusted me with very sensitive information and I did not want to betray him by telling someone his dark secret.

And so, we decided to take matters in our hands and find out who this Mari person is through our own investigation. 

Also known as social media stalking. 

"Do you think she died of something?" Soyeon wondered, "Because how does someone not have a social media account in this day and age. None of Seungcheol's group members are following anyone named Mari in any of their sns accounts."

"She's alive. Eunsoo had said she just came to Korea. Even Miyeon had mentioned she is coming to Korea," I say, "Maybe she's just anti-social?"

"It's a bit hard to be anti-social when you belong to that group," Soyeon commented, "It will probably help if we know her last name or maybe even her age. But all we know is her name."