𝟸 - ʜᴇ ᴅᴏᴇsɴᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴏ ɪ ᴀᴍ

I'm kinda sad that I'm going to be loosing all the comments with this re-publishing thing because I love reading all of your comments but I'm convincing myself it is for the best. 

One Year Later

"Two iced Americanos, one iced vanilla latte and one iced cocoa, all large sized please," I ordered at the cashier, already dishing out my credit card to pay for the drinks.

"Two iced Americanos, one vanilla latte and once iced cocoa, all large size," The person behind the cashier, Vernon, repeated.

"Oh make the vanilla latte iced too," I tell him.

"Yeah I know," Vernon said, typing away at the cashier screen, "You've been ordering the same thing for the past year. And almost every day too."

I blink, not knowing what to make of the response and just hand over my credit card to him, watching it as he slides in in the machine and bills my order.

"We'll call your name out when its ready," Vernon says monotonously and I nod heading over to our usual table, which as usual was empty as well.

After a year of hoarding the same table, it seems that everyone else has learned to leave the spot alone for us.

I sit down on one of the chairs at the table for four and place my large tote bag on the empty chair next to mine while I wait for the rest of my friends to arrive for me.

I check my phone to see Soyeon texting me that she and Emily would be arriving in ten more minutes. Apparently their lecturer is still droning on and on.

I check my other message and see that Nana has gotten off from class and is on her way already.

I met Nana at one of my introductory courses to Journalism as my very first day at University last year. Turned out that Nana was also looking to major in Journalism, just like me, and wanted to focus more on sports journalism whereas I didn't have a specific field set in mind. Since we both had the same major, Nana and I ended up having more than half of our classes together and even shared one of the elective classes together too.

Nana was born to a Japanese father and a Korean mother, as controversial as it must have been back in the day, and ended up spending most of her upbringing in Tokyo, where her parents still reside. Yet Nana wasn't just another mixed child, she was special because her mother is a very famous Korean singer from the early 90s and her father is a popular Japanese TV show host.

In fact so famous that when her mother first announced her engagement to a Japanese man, she was pretty much shunned out of the industry for marrying a Japanese man and even faced a massive scandal back in the day. However the Japanese had been far more welcoming an Nana's mother also decided to relocate to Japan.

Of course, the scrutiny got better over time and by the time Nana was actually born, her mother had gotten back in the good graces of the public and its safe to say that Nana spend a decent amount of childhood in the spotlight.

I had obviously known who she was since the moment I saw her sitting in the lecture hall but I definitely did not expect her to approach me first or even start a conversation with someone so ordinary like me. Even more amazingly, I most definitely did not expect her to be so anti-celebrity considering that she is a celeb child herself.

Once the two of us had seemed to break the ice around us, I invited Nana over to eat lunch with Soyeon, Emily and I one day and the rest was history. The four us seemed to have formed a tight knit friendship among us.