𝟹𝟷 - sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ғɪsʜʏ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɪʀ

I watch aimlessly as my clothes swirl in circles in the laundry machine. 

Normally I might have brought my ipad or my study materials with me while I waited but I am far too mentally exhausted for that right now. 

Today was tiring to say the least. 

With internships, researching for a potential master's degree, thinking about jobs and wondering whether or not an exchange year abroad if worth it or not, things have been quite a bit stressful the past few days. 

Its as if the clock is now clicking and with every second that passes by, I'm reminded of responsibilities weighing down on my shoulders. I want to deny the reality that I am growing older and would have to start depending on myself soon, instead of my parents, and once I graduate, I will become a proper adult. 

Yet the more the time nears, the more I want to just run away. 

I feel a headache forming at the back of my head and I take in a deep breath. Some days you just want to be alone, and today is one of those days. Unfortunately, today is also the day Yewon unnie decided to be studying all night in their dorm rooms instead of sitting out in one of the common rooms like she usually does. It just feels so awkward trying to fall asleep when someone is wide awake in the room and studying their ass off or eating ramyeon.

Sometimes I seriously wonder if she has any friends. 

I know Soyeon wonders about it all the time. She's been particularly very vocal about her concerns as well. 

I hear the door of the laundromat open behind me and instinctively turn around to look at the door behind my back. I momentarily pause when I see Seungcheol walk in the shop. 

He notices me too but doesn't seem too fazed by my presence. 

"What are you doing here?" I ask. 

"Laundry," Seungcheol said as if it were already obvious and I suppose I did ask a stupid question. 

"Right," I reply. 

"How long have you been here now?" Seungcheol asks. "A while now. My clothes are in the dryer now," I say. 

Seungcheol nods, walking over to a machine and dumping his clothes inside. Putting in soap before inserting a coin, he presses start before the machine begins to twirl around with his clothes inside. 

Without even wasting a second, he sits next to me and automatically leans in to peck me on the lips. 

I pull away and ask, "What if someone sees us?"

Seungcheol raised an eyebrow and said, "So? You're my girlfriend. I can kiss you whenever I want."

I don't reply to that. 

"But I've always wondered. Why do you come all the way here to do your laundry? Isn't it far from where you live? Also I thought the boys dorms have these facilities available to them. Don't you live in the richest building?" I ask. 

Seungcheol gently tugged a loose strand of hair behind my ear and said, "This place is a lot more calmer. I like the privacy." 

I am about to him what he exactly means by 'privacy' but the timer on my dryer goes off, grabbing both of our attentions away from each other. Getting up to get my laundry out of the machine, I dump it next to where I was sitting earlier and began folding. Normally I would have just folded it back in my room but I figured I rather spend a bit more time with Seungcheol. 

"I feel like I haven't seen you in a while," Seungcheol said, watching me as I continue to fold my clothes. I know what he means because I also feel as if I haven't seen him in a while.