𝟹 - ᴄᴏɴғᴇssɪᴏɴs, ᴄᴏɴғᴇssɪᴏɴs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏғғᴇᴇ

I truly, truly, truly hate myself.

Sometimes I cannot even understand how a stupid, daft person like me even made it into Sebong University will all the elite and intelligent people.

Other times I don't understand why my nervous system and problem stimulating part of my brain fails me and lets my heart and my idiotic mouth make decisions for me before I even have a chance to comprehend them properly.

I groan once more into my pillow in regret and desperation as I try to think of the situation I just got myself into.

Earlier I had agreed to Soyeon's stupid little bet without even thinking mainly because my tall pride wouldn't let me just sit still and get insulted. I've known Soyeon since fifth grade of elementary school and she is absolutely vicious and brutal when it comes to bets and dares. Soyeon isn't one to back down, even when she is at an advantage, and weirdly enough she sees upholding her end of the bargain as some sort of path to high honor.

Then again, I suppose that is a trait she picked up growing as the daughter of two lawyers. We all pick up habits and morals from our parents and Soyeon's habit isn't all too bad. Being the daughter of two dentists myself, I have a slight paranoia about keeping my teeth clean all the time.

There is no way Soyeon is going to let me off of this bet and there is also no way I can confess my feelings to Seungcheol either.

Seungcheol lives and breathes a type of air that is a whole new level than me. He gets about at least five to ten different confessions per day, from underclassmen, post graduates, high schoolers, high profile celebrities, not so high profile celebrities, influencers, normal people, and even peasants like me.

And he rejects every single one of them.

Of course he is going to reject my naive confession too.

Not to mention that he most probably doesn't even know who I am, despite the fact we have a lot of classes together since he is a Business major and me being a Business minor. Hell, he probably forgot me the very next second when we had walked into each other on the first day of university last year while I'm still hung over that small, singular interaction like a clingy girlfriend.

Contrary to the popular stereotypes of guys like Seungcheol being extreme playboys, sleeping around with every walking thing they say, Seungcheol barely even glances at the opposite gender, apart from a select few who are either his family friend of he has known them from high school.

He probably could care less about dating and sleeping around, and instead only keeps close with his tiny group of friends, focusing on his schoolwork and the soccer team. Seungcheol is probably one of the most diligent student in the class, of course bested only by Joshua himself.

These are some of the reasons I like him so much.

He is handsome and good looking and of course his body proportions are just an eye pleaser, not to mention his strong arms, but its his kind and calm personality that attracts me to him even more.

Even though he rejects every confessions, its the way he makes sure that the girl isn't too embarrassed or humiliated by having a private or honest conversation that makes me admire and respect him even more.

In fact, I'm confident that even after my rejection, I'll fall for him even more because of how nice he is going to be about it.

That being said however, I first need to muster up the confidence to even try and confess and in just only a week too.

I smash my head repeatedly into my pillow a few more times as I consider my options.

Either I loose the bet and just simply pay for Soyeon's drinks for a month or I confess to Seungcheol and get rejected and have the entire campus know of my humiliation.