26

Lola knew how she hadn't even talked to Sam since she has started staying with Amelia. She knew he was avoiding her. She hated how they had fallen apart since the birth of aubree.

She didn't know what had happened for their relationship to turn sour. But she needed to find out what it was.

She felt like he had been seeing someone else. She knew she would have to end it with him if he had been cheating.

She knew how hard it was. She had just had a baby and the father of her daughter was never around. She felt like she couldn't trust him.

All she knew was that things were a mess. And she didn't know what more she could do to fix it.

Morning came, and so she walked into the living room. She saw Amelia sitting there and smiled. "I'm honestly so thankful you're letting us stay. I don't know what's going on with me and Sam."

Amelia smiled. "You're always welcome here. Trust me. I love having people here. Gets a little lonely."

Lola sighed. "I don't fancy taking her to crèche."

"I'll have her. I've got the day off. I worked too long last week. So I've got time off. Leave her with me," Amelia said as she looked at her.

"Are you sure?"

Amelia nodded and smiled. "Trust me. It's fine. I can look after a baby. Mine died. But I am capable," she said

Lola smiled. "I know you can babes. I just don't wanna put you out. You're already letting us stay here."

"She's my niece. You're my sister. Happy to help," Amelia told her.

***
Lola went into work. She looked to see Sam. "Where's aubree?" He asked.

"With Amelia. Didn't want to bring her into the crèche. There's a sickness bug going around. Why?"

Sam sighed. "She's my daughter. I want to see her."

Lola scoffed. "What? Now you want to see her? You never bothered when we were together. You can come over when I've finished work," she told him.

Sam rolled his eyes. He looked to her. "So now I have to see her on your schedule?"

"Basically. You ignored her for the last few weeks. I'm sorry. But until you prove you can be actually be her father, then we do this my way."

***
Lola was having a bad day. She knew that she couldn't wait to go back and see her baby. She missed her.

She looked up as Connie walked in. "What's going on with you? Sam is moody."

Lola rolled her eyes and sighed. "I don't want to talk about it. I wanna finish my shift. Then I can go and be with Aubree. She's my focus," she told her.

"If he's done something, you can tell me," Connie said.

"Stay out of it mum. I'm serious," Lola said as she grabbed her stuff and walked off.

She was sick of the shift already. And she had only been there for a few hours.

***
Lola walked into Amelia's flat hours later. She smiled. "Hey. Sam is meant to come over. I hope that's okay?" She said.

Amelia shrugged and nodded. "That's fine. I'll be in my bed. Cozying up with a hot water bottle and chocolate."

Lola picked her daughter up and held her close. But would she and Sam get their love back? Or was it finally over?