Chapter 30: Minor Problem

Start from the beginning

“You sect disciples dare to bully us nomad cultivators so?” The grey-robed man immediately switched the topic to the conflict between nomad cultivators and sects. He shouted, “Without any evidence, you dare to accuse me falsely?”

“Accuse you falsely?!” The bad-tempered Ling Bo sneered. “Even if we kill you today, what can you do?”

Hearing the words, Kong Hou couldn’t help but rub her forehead. This Path Friend Ling Bo of Clear Dawn Sect had such a bad temper. Didn’t she fear attracting hate for Clear Dawn Sect with her words? However, this grey-robed cultivator really wasn’t a good person, making up such a great crime with one sentence.

“Path Friend, this is so amusing. The nomad cultivators of our Lingyou World are all free and casual—how could they do something like kill someone and dig out their heart?” Kong Hou asked in response. “You did something wrong, yet you want to pull down all nomad cultivators—what is the logic?” This method of trying to cause discontent was really not skilled. This evil cultivator should go watch those consorts in the inner palace. Their ability to sow discord was really masterful and could not be guarded against.

“Celestial Kong Hou is correct,” a nomad cultivator present said. “Us nomad cultivators emphasize following our hearts and also kindness and generosity. You cannot represent us.” The nomad cultivators were not as powerful as sect disciples, and their cultivation resources could not compare to those of sect disciples, but they did not have to abide by the rules of the sects like sect disciples. Who did not like to be praised? Kong Hou, as an apprentice to one of the ten major sects, said that the nomad cultivators were free and casual. The nomad cultivators were pleased to hear this, and naturally were not willing to let a cowardly cultivator under suspicion for murder represent the nomad cultivators.

Chang De looked at the smiling Kong Hou and sighed inwardly. In terms of talent, Ling Bo did not lack anything compared to Kong Hou, but in personality and mannerisms, Ling Bo could not compare to Kong Hou who was twenty years younger than her. The cultivation world did not lack outstandingly talented cultivators that fell due to their personalities. He did not want Ling Bo to become one of them.

The grey-robed man saw everyone accusing him and stammered out refusals. Just as everyone thought he would accept it, his body flashed, fiendish and blood energies exploding off him as he flashed near Kong Hou, pointing at her chest.

He was intending to dig out her heart.

Chang De was shocked. If Kong Hou died in front of him, with Splendid Cloud Sect’s protective tendencies, this would most likely be blamed on him. But this seemingly cowardly grey-robed man moved too quickly, so that he could not stop the other.

This was not any ordinary cultivator—he had at least Mind Manifestation cultivation! Previously, he deliberately sealed his cultivation to confuse them.

Yet the grey-robed man had no opportunity to get near Kong Hou. He was stopped. Stopped by Huan Zhong dressed in his brocade robes. No one saw how Huan Zhong attacked. They only saw a flash of light. When they could see again, Huan Zhong was shielding Kong Hou behind him. Lin Hu had slapped the grey-robed man to the ground, not even giving him the chance to project his inner self before Lin Hu destroyed his cultivation.

“Celestial Kong Hou, are you all right?” Chang De had no attention to spare for the grey-robed man spitting blood on the ground. He flashed in front of Kong Hou and asked about her state.

“I’m fine.” Kong Hou poked her head out from behind Huan Zhong. “Many thanks, Path Friend Chang De, for your concern.”

“As long as you are all right.” Chang De sighed in relief. If Kong Hou was fine, he didn’t have to worry about Splendid Cloud Sect coming to make trouble for him.