15. laughter in the tombs

Start from the beginning

"We- we're not causing any troubles.." Thèrèse murmured.

"W-we don't know much," Thomas response. Jorge was unsatisfied with his answer as he pulled the lever, slightly but hard enough for them to be drop low.

"With all due respect, sir. What the fuck?" Bea screams, dramatically. They all yelled out in surprised as Nancy felt her one of her thigh burning from the impact. "Woah! Okay! Okay!" Thomas screams, noticing her discomfort from the corner of his eyes. "They're hiding in a mountain, and they attacked WICKED, they've got a bunch of kids, that's all we know."

Jorge took a step closer to them, before he could even form a word, the door opens and a figure walks in the room.

Everyone's head snapped towards him, Barkley. "What's going on?" "Me and my new friends were just getting to know eachother. We're done now."

"Hey, wait? Wh-? You're not gonna help us?" Thomas asks, urgently.

Barkley snap his head to Jorge in confusion, "Don't worry, hermano, we'll get you back to where you belong." Jorge grins as the both of them leaves the room.

Thèrèse scoffs, "What a gigglemug bastard.."

"Should've seen that one coming," Thèrèse spoke for the first time after observing everything.

The teenagers were waiting in the room for too long, too long for Bea and Vicky's liking. They're all agreed as Thèrèse finally came up with a plan.

She'd decided to push Teresa to grab the lever as she was the one closest to it, well not closest but close enough to grab it. Thèrèse couldn't do it because she was far away from Teresa, but nearest to her were Minho, Newt and Vicky.

So, from Minho to Vicky, Vicky have to pushes Teresa to the lever so they all could escaped.

"Okay, here we go, on the count of three.." Thomas whispers as they all huddled up in circles.

Vicky pushes Teresa with all her strength as the girl pushes herself to the front, her arms holding out. But, unfortunately, for them, Teresa missed it as she couldn't reached it for a few feet away.

"It's okay, try again, this time both Minho and Vicky." Thèrèse reassure as they all nodded.

Vicky and Minho stretched out their hands and readying themselves to push Teresa. One hard push, Teresa flew again and this time, much to their luck, she grips the lever. At this, the teenagers cheers in relief as Teresa lowered themselves.

Teresa started with Thèrèse first, freeing the girl, Thèrèse stretch out her limbs and muscles as she became comfortable again. "Help them out," Teresa said, referring to the others.

Thèrèse goes over to Nancy, knowing that she's probably feeling uncomfortable as hell. One by one, they started to freeing themselves.

As Bea started to untie Aris' rope, flashes and wiring sounds of helicopter sounded around the area. And that could only mean one thing,

WICKED.

Thèrèse and Bea looks at eachother in fear and realization. "Okay, guys! Come on, let's go! Hurry up!" Thomas began to rushes towards the door.

Nancy was helping Newt up, Vicky doing the same with Frypan as they all started to sprint towards the exit.

They all rushes forward to the door, only to get stopped by Barkley, who has a gun on his hand, pointing at the group. They all stayed silent as Thèrèse hold out her arm for Aris to stay behind. "Oh, you've gotta be shitting me." Bea grumbled at the man infront of them.

"Hey, look, we're not looking for trouble, we're just- we just want to get out of here." Thomas said, warningly. "Oh, is that so?" Barkley snap, holding up his walkie talkie. "Janson, Carter, I got them for you, bring 'em down. Let's go."

At the mentioned of her father, Thèrèse goes pale as she shake her head. "I said, let's go."

But none of them were moving, cautiously stays where they are, well slowly moving themselves forward.

Bea was the first make a action and throw herself on the man, using her fist to punch him fair and square on the jaw. Thomas began to action next, throwing the gun to the side as gunshots echoed in the room.

Heat grew between Bea, Thomas and Barkley as the three of them fought, before Thomas quickly grab Bea and pulled her to the group.

"You little bastards!" Barkley snarled, pointing his gun at the groups. Before any of them could process anything, a sound of gunshot echoed in the room as they all jump backwards in shock, checking eachother if any of them are shot.

But turns out, Barkley drop dead to the floor, revealing Brenda standing behind him with a gun.

The groups look shock, but relief. Brenda nod her head, "Okay, let's go!" When she sees that none of them were moving, she yelled, "Come on! Let's go!"

Vicky took notice as she grabbed both Nancy and Aris and began to follow the girl, same as the others. Except, Teresa and Thèrèse. They stayed, looking at the walkie talkie that was letting out voices of Janson and Carter.

Teresa looks at Thèrèse, their fears building up. Do they want to do this? Or do they have to? Hesitantly, Thèrèse picks up the walkie talkie.

"Sir?"