043

Se'aeylwa

Se'aeylwa

I felt like vomiting as I hunched over, holding onto a shelf for support as my entire body shook. It was the strongest contraction of the day and it was going to be impossible to convince Lo'ak that I was fine. 

"Se'aeylwa!" Tuk and Lo'ak scream. I feel awful knowing Tuk was in the marui as she immediately runs to my side along with her brother. The little girl looks traumatised as she stands still not knowing what to do. 

I feel Lo'ak's strong arms wrap around me as I take a few deep breaths. 

"Se'aeylwa! Se'aeylwa! Breath you're going to be ok,  just tell me what's happening" He pleads, rubbing reassuring circles on my lower back. I tense as another contraction ripples through my body and hones in on my stomach. 

"I'm having the baby you skxqwng!" I snap, screaming at him as I double over in agony. He freezes for a moment, not having heard me yell at him like that before. And then he starts stammering over his words and panicking because the babies coming and he hadn't even known I was pregnant for more than two days. 

"This can't be happening it's to early" I cry out. 

"Help her you idiot! You're the one who's supposed to be her husband so act like it!" Tuk screams out petrified. That seems to snap Lo'ak out of his daze as he wraps his arms around me and helps me sit down. My legs cave in on me just as I reach the floor and I'm heavily panting, throwing my head back as another wave pursues. 

"Lo'ak?" A voice chimes in. I notice it's Jake ringing through his ear as he sheepishly unmutes himself. 

"Now's not a great time Dad, I'm kinda in the middle of something!" he yelled over Tuk's panicked mumbling and my deep breathing. 

"You're not doing anything!" I shout irritated, he was just standing there, talking to his father as I was enduring the worst pain of my entire life without him by my side.

My voice was heard from Jake, a man who had never heard me yell quite like I was at the moment as he stayed silent waiting for his son to elaborate. 

"Se'aeylwa's in labour" he quickly explains, cutting of the connection with his father and throwing the device somewhere unknown as he kneels down to my side. 

"What do you want me to do?" He asks. I can't find the energy to respond to him as I pull him close, keeping my hand in one of his as I interlace his fingers with mine. Tuk runs out to Eywa knows where as I feel horrified that I was scaring her to the point she had to leave. 

"Just calm down, you've got this...strong heart" He mumbles the last part, putting our hands in the middle of my chest. 

"It's something my parent's taught all of us, you can do anything if you keep a strong heart" He whispers, fiddling our hands in the same spot.