018

Se'aeylwa 

Se'aeylwa 

Panic settles through my body, it floods my brain and it's all that can register through my head. From the hips down my legs are completely and utterly numb. I struggle to keep myself afloat as a hand wraps it's way around my waist. I stay silent and still in complete shock, the adrenaline coursing through my veins barely masks the sting of where the bullet stays lodged as tears drop from my eyes, vanishing into the endless sea. 

I'm moved onto an Ilu as I tiredly rest my head on the riders back. I've done the right thing, I've saved everyone from the man I now knew was 'Quaritch', I've risked my life, I've even killed for my race...So why was Eywa punishing me?

More tears cascade down my face as I feel an emotionally numb state wash over me. I feel nothing, I don't care, I wont be able to swim again, I won't be able to dance with the water again, for crying out loud I won't even be able to walk again without assistance. In that short moment where I saved someone's life, something inside me died.

I barely acknowledge that I'm being carried out of the water and onto land, strong arms wrap around my torso as I'm pressed into someone's chest, I can see that an arm wraps under my knees, but even though I can clearly see it, I can't feel it. I look up and see Lo'ak, he seems more emotional than I am right now. In all honesty I didn't want him to see my right now, I was useless, I was weak, anything we could've done before I can't do now, so what's the point of him being my friend? What's the point in anyone being my friend anymore? 

I shake my head, ridding the awful thoughts as Aonung comes into our field of view, he immediately sees my state and rushes into a marui. I assumed he was warning his mother that she was needed. 

I did nothing but stare ahead as she rushed outside of the hut, and to our surprise, the sully parent's where there as well. They immediately scanned their children, they sighed in relief as there where no visible injuries, but couldn't help but notice the emotional distress they where all going through.

"Where's Kiri?" Neytiri asked. 

"She's with Rotxo, she escaped before we where captured on the ship" Neteyam mumbles, slowly nodding his head. 

She takes the answer as it's given and doesn't ask anymore questions. I'm ushered inside, well, Lo'ak's ushered inside as he holds my useless body. He quickly enters and places me on one of the healing mats.

"What's wrong? Where are you hurt?" She asks me, I don't answer, still in an emotional mess, I didn't trust myself to say it out loud. 

"She got shot...umm... and she can't feel her legs" Lo'ak croaks. He shakily points to the back of my neck where the bullet is still securely lodged into my skin. In the corner of my eye I see his father, Jake, perk up, his head snapping to meet mine as a whole life of memories flash before his eyes.

He slowly walks forward and sit's next to me, Ronal tends to the wound on my neck, firstly applying medicine that made it painless. If anything I needed the pain, I needed to know that it still existed in my body.