035

Se'aeylwa 

Se'aeylwa 

one month later... 

Lo'ak had stuck to me like slimy seaweed over the past few weeks. He was attentive and kind, showering me with affection like I was the most precious thing on pandora. And as the days went by I found myself falling for him, my love growing more than I ever thought possible. 

I was truly in love with the Omatikaya boy, and I knew he felt the same. 

We where laying in his hammock once more, the place now a safe haven to escape his siblings and parents. We cuddled into one another, his hand stroking up and down my thigh while he got lost in his own little world. My hand laid on his chest, tracing the patterns on his skin while we got lost in one another's presence.

We both collectively groaned at the sound of Kiri's voice. 

"Se'aeylwa, Lo'ak, where are you!?" 

"Go away, go away, go away" Lo'ak muttered under his breath like a mantra, but alas it never came true as she continued calling our names. 

"Dinners cooking!"

This seemed to ignite the hunger in my stomach as it lowly growled. Lo'ak chuckled quietly as he sat up with me in tow. I could barely register that he reached over me and tucked something in his empty knife satchel as I still leaned into his chest. 

"C'mon, I think she's cooking your favourite" He enticed. He must've noticed my ears quickly twitch as he held me, beginning to stand as my legs wrapped against his waist and my arms naturally snaked around his neck, resting my cheek on his shoulder. 

He climbed down with as much fluidity as I swam as he walked along another branch, I still disliked the feeling of bark against my toes, but I was beginning to get used to it, secretly escaping Lo'ak to try and walk along the roots and branches. 

It had been more than just escaping him myself, Neteyam and Kiri had started to teach me Omatikaya customs, per my request. I didn't believe it was fair if Lo'ak had to abide by all of my cultural customs, and he got none of his in return. 

I shuddered at the thought of last weeks teaching, it was all about bonding with an ikran, I hadn't realised they chose via trying to kill, and the thought alone made me shudder at what young Tuk had yet to do. 

"Are you cold?" Lo'ak asks. Noticing my shaking shoulders from my thoughts. 

"No I'm fine, your warm enough for me" I mumble, snuggling deeper as one of his now common laughs sounded. I smiled up at him dreamily, wondering how I got so lucky as we reached the ground. 

He slowly put me down, our skin staying connected as long as possible as he set me down firmly. My legs had regained all of their previous strength, however I still had to do physical therapy, but I didn't mind, I was standing, jumping, running, and the mere thought filled me with joy.